𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 66: 𝐵𝑜𝑤𝑠𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Want me to get us some punch?" Eli asked. "Yeah, sure!" I replied. Eli nodded and began making his way through the crowd again, heading for the punch bowl.

I turned back to Miguel, who was already looking at me. It was silent for a moment. "You really do look beautiful tonight, y/n." He told me. "You too, Miguel. Props to whoever picked out your outfit." I teased.

A light chuckle left his lips. "Well, I'll let you get back to Sam." I said. Miguel nodded once. "I'll see you later." He said, before turning around and walking in the direction Sam walked in.

A moment passed, before I heard a voice behind me. "Your drink, my lady." Eli said. A smile grew on my face.

But when I turned around, the smile left quickly. It wasn't Eli behind me.

It was Henry.

My face went blank as I looked at him. I didn't speak a word. Why is he here?

"Aw, come on, you can't be that surprised to see me." Henry smirked.

"How'd you get in? You don't even go to my school..." I spoke. Henry shrugged, as if it was obvious. "I was invited." He answered.

I stood in silence, not meeting his eyes.

"You know, it's a shame we're not still together. You could've been here with me instead of that freak you came with." He said.

My eyes met his now, anger pumping through my veins like blood. "Don't talk about him like that. Besides, you're the one that broke up with me, Idiot. Now go away before you regret talking to me." I told him, annoyed.

Henry chuckled evilly. "It's cute when you try to scare me. To me, it almost sounds like you want me back with you..." He said, walking closer to me.

I pushed him back harshly, sending him back a few steps. He looked up at me with his eyebrows furrowed. "I never want to be with you again. Now stay away from me." I said angrily, before storming away.

I found Eli with two drinks in his hand, focussing very closely on them to make sure he didn't spill them as he walked. I walked up to him quickly.

He looked up and saw me. He was smiling at first, but it faded. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine, it's just-" I started, before I was cut off by someone bumping into Eli.

I gasped as the red punch spilled all over Eli's suit. I looked to the culprit and saw Henry again, a smirk on his lips.

"Ah, sorry, Hawk." Henry said. "Oh wait, people don't call you Hawk anymore, do they? I think Vulture would be more appropriate. You know, since you have no hair and like to take things that don't belong to you." Henry taunted, glancing at me after the last statement.

"Fuck off, Henry!" I yelled, stepping between the two boys. Henry laughed as I pulled Eli away from the situation with me.

"I'm sorry, Eli." I apologized, grabbing a napkin from a nearby table. "It's alright." Eli replied lowly. I put the napkin to his jacket and began drying it off.

"At least your suit is black, right?" I pointed out, trying to lighten the mood. Eli stayed quiet. I looked up at him and noticed him staring at something. I followed his gaze and saw Henry across the room, laughing with his friends.

"I guess Bowser really is here to take you away..." He spoke softly.

I looked back to Eli, raised a hand to his jaw and guided his gaze back to me. "Listen. No one can take me away from you." I told him.

"Don't let him ruin the night, understand?" I stared into Eli's beautiful, grey eyes, before leaning in and connecting our lips.

Eli relaxed, a small smile grew on his lips. "Fuck the guy." He said, referring to Henry. "Fuck the guy." I repeated. We both laughed.