"Sounds good. But you need to be safe while we're out," Dick insisted, shoving his hands onto the pockets of his jeans.

Dianna sent him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. I'll be at the hospital, with Marge. Medical bills went up by seventy-three percent so I gotta pay the difference for Tim's operation. I'll stick around and see if I can help anyone else."

"At least someone will be doing some good," Kory commented, trying her best to look happy for the girl.

Artemisia inhaled deeply. She had to stop pretending her odds were different, that she wasn't privileged while the rest of the team were hunted down. "Dick, can I talk to you in private real quick?"

Kory shook her head, stepping between the pair before either of them could move. Artemisia gulped. She had hoped they would let her slip by, no questions asked. "Whatever you wanna tell him I think we can all hear."

"I don't know if you guys noticed, but my face isn't out there. I'm not wanted." They had. Conner had even made a joke that Dianna and Artemisia weren't as important as the rest of the Titans. "I'll be taking advantage of this mistake. Dick had me on a special task, I thought we could have a final debriefing before you guys left for who knows how long."

Silence. She couldn't believe it worked. Two months ago she wouldn't be able to create a lie out of the blue.

Dick caught up instantly. "You should get suited up. We'll be right back."

The team went in direction of the Batcave while they headed for the library, the center of the house, isolated from everywhere else. Artemisia shut the doors behind her, letting out a long breath. She didn't feel as relieved as she had imagined. She was now trapped with Dick, the last person she wanted to be with. "Thanks for covering up. I hate lying to them."

"What is it?"

"It's about the wanted list," she confessed, hesitantly stepping toward him. Dick raised his eyebrows. "The day we stormed into Snowy Cones my contact from the League, Milo, met up with Crane to make some sort of deal. I'm guessing the fact that I'm allowed to walk free has something to do with it. She didn't tell me what they talked about, but knowing them, it couldn't be good.

"I know I should've stopped her as soon as she told me but I figured I could use her to get to Crane, give the Titans the upper hand. I was wrong. They planned something bigger than any of us could possibly imagine." She scoffed at his silence. "Maybe I should hand myself in. I deserve it for being an accomplice."

Dick shook his head, taking a step closer. "You walk into the GCPD with us, they'll think you're taking sides. You'll have a target in your head. Keep working with them, find out everything you can. I'll contact you when we get out." His hands reached for her shoulders, moving her an inch closer. "Don't do anything that'll get you killed."

"You sure you want to use the League? It could backfire."

"They're using you. It's only fair."

She nodded. He copied her. Her eyes flickered toward his to find him already watching. She didn't like the idea of not knowing when ( or if ) she would see him again. She didn't care where they were or what they were. The idea of spending more time without him, without the team, ate her alive. She wished to be able to change every single mistake that lead them to this exact moment and erase them.

As if reading her mind, her anxiety, Dick pulled her into his embrace. Artemisia was shocked but gave in, not wasting the opportunity that could never again come. Her head rested against his chest, feeling the deep vibrations of his voice. "Please, stay safe. We'll meet again soon."