Chapter One

Little Bondita was running away for her dear life without looking anywhere at all. She had landed in Heera mandi a month back and it had been a torture for her everyday. Except for her Rasiya didi no one made her feel good. Still little Bondita was waiting for her Patibabu to come and take her from there. Her delusion broke when she one day saw his engagement announcement on a torn piece of newspaper.
Even she as a child knew polygamy was wrong as her Patibabu had taught her. Then why was he marrying Pari Didi?
That evening she had seen her Pari Didi at the brothel and had run to embrace her and begged her to take her away but to her dismay she had pushed her away from her as if she was a dirt on her dress.
But after a moment she had told that little soul that she will take her away. Bondita was overjoyed, she would meet her family again. But she didn't knew what was awaiting her.
Saudamini took her out of there only to take her to a secluded place.
Her venomous words broke Bondita's every belief on Saudamini.
"You have ruined Anirudh's life along with mine. You have snatched my dreams from me. I will not spare you today Bondita".
Bondita looked at her in disbelieve. Is this the same person who she called an angel!
Two men from nowhere tackled her to the ground awaiting Saudamini's command when Bondita bit their hands to free herself from her death.
Even though, she didn't know anything but all she knew was that she had to go from here. She had to save herself.
"Catch her, you fools. She can't escape" - her voice to Bondita grew faint as she ran away in a fast speed as if the goddess herself had possessed her.
She didn't know how long she ran for until she stumbled upon a running car and lost her consciousness. The last thing she felt was excruciating pain on her body.
Dr. Iqbal Baig along with his wife and son was returning to their hotel after sightseeing when they saw a little child laying on the road with blood dripping from her body. He immediately took her to the hospital with the help of his son Abrar.
The unconscious and injured child on the hospital cot pulled on their heartstrings and reminded their of their want of a daughter. How could someone so brutally attempt to kill her was all they thought.
Their return to Lahore was delayed by two weeks but it made no difference to them. His wife had obsessively sat next her bedside waiting for her to wake up while he was constantly in contact with the authorities to find out her details. But nothing was found about her. It was as if she never existed in papers. Every inquiry came back with no results.
Was it due to their lacking or someone else didn't want that little soul to come back to her home?
The British doctors had concluded her age to be 9 years.
Her small age also made them apprehensive about leaving her at the clutches of the hospital authority. Who knows where she would be disposed by them!
When Bondita woke up with a completely blank mind, she only stared blankly at them untill the doctors concluded that she was suffering from permanent amnesia.
Dr. Iqbal couldn't deny the attachment he felt with the child. The same was the case with his wife and son. When nothing was found on her and the authorities wanting to dispose her at an orphanage, he decided to adopt her as his daughter "Vashma Baig". He didn't knew that this adoption would change his son's future path to a doctor, it would make his wife more tolerant towards everyone and would give him the immense pleasure of hearing abbu from her.
Convincing her about her status as Vashma, their daughter, the Baig family boarded the train to Lahore to start the journey of changes.
Leaving Kolkata forever with vows to never return there or so they thought!

First chapter uploaded. Thank you so much for reading it in advance.