_____

“Ugh... I’m so tired....” (m/n) yawned as his body refused to leave the warmth of his futon. It was just so comfortable and warm; he didn’t want to leave it.

“It's morning!!” Nishinoya beamed as he opened the curtains making everyone groan. Asahi and Sugawara let out a yelp at the sudden brightness, being the ones closest to the window was quiet unfortunate for them.

“Come on everyone! Let’s go have some breakfast and then—”

“Beat everyone...” (m/n) unenthusiastically finished as he got up and dragged himself to the bathroom to wash up.

“Come on, (m/n)! Show some of that spirit you had yesterday!” Nishinoya pouted.

“If I had a spirit, I’m sure it would’ve walked down then isle with Satan himself...” (m/n) sarcastically stated and splashed some water on his face.

“Whoa, I’ve never seen (m/n) like that before...” Tanaka said as he and Nishinoya watched (m/n) comb his messy hair.

“Ah, he's usually quiet sarcastic,” Akaashi said making the two jump and yelp.

“Where’d you come from?” Nishinoya asked.

“Somewhere over the rainbow—his room obviously.” (m/n) rolled his eyes.

“See? He’s also quiet rough and loud with people he finds annoying. But other than that, he’s just the precious guy we all know and love.” Akaashi smiled.

“I feel like we just watched a documentary of (m/n).” Tanaka commented and Nishinoya hummed in response, nodding his head in agreement.

“Alright... so far, we’ve lost every game...” Daichi started, “let’s end this training camp with our first and final win, right here, right now!”

The team cheered wildly with their captain, all hyped up for their last match against Fukurodani.

“(M/n), coach is calling you.” Sugawara grinned.

“Eh? Ok, thanks Kou-chin.” (m/n) smiled and rushed over to Ukai who patted the spot beside him on the bench.

“Sit, I’ll have you switch with Asahi later.” Ukai said.

“If I may ask, sir, why?” (m/n) asked as he took a seat.

“Because you’ll be our other Canon in real games,” Ukai started, “and so you and Asahi will be frequently switching between sets, just to make it even.”

“How are you so sure that I’ll even join the team?” (m/n) asked, raising an eyebrow at Ukai who just chuckled and patted his back.

“Call it a hunch kiddo.” He answered and returned his attention to the game before him.

“Alright! Give us a good serve!!”

_____

Hinata dashed towards the net and took flight, eyes over at Kageyama. His brown orbs expecting his toss to come his way. As if having some sort of telepathic connection with the male, Kageyama complied with Hinata’s request, tossing the ball over to the ginger head.

The ball spun and then stopped.
With a swing, Hinata’s hand came in contact with the ball. The ball flew over to Fukurodani's side of the court, a satisfying ‘bam’ rung in both teams ears. Hinata landed and a shocked expression appeared on his face. He turned to Kageyama, both letting out shocked gasps, unable to form any words.

(M/n) approached the two and engulfed them into unexpected hugs.

“I'm so proud of you two!!” He grinned as he released them from his hug, much to the duo's disappointment. (M/n) patted them both on the head and gave them a thumbs up. “One more time!” He said.

The team watched in happiness and jealousy.

Hinata and Kageyama basically just got the first hugs from (m/n)!

“Alright! Let’s win this game and get a hug from (m/n)!!” Daichi declared making (m/n) cock an eyebrow at the team who cheered, all hyped and ready to earn their hugs once they win the final game of the day.

“You know you can just ask for a hug, right?” (m/n) asked in the background.

“I’m all hyped up now!! I'll be the third person to get a hug from (m/n)!!” Nishinoya roared.

“Hah?! No, I will!!” Tanaka shot back.

“I have no idea what you two are talking about! But I do know I'm going to be the one to get the third hug!” Daichi yelled.

“You guys can just come into a group hug...” (m/n) said in the background.

“Oi! Stop declaring hugs and get on with the game! I’ll be hugging (m/n) first!” Sugawara shouted from the sidelines startling (m/n). Kou-chin too?! (M/n) thought.
A small giggle escaped (m/n)’s lips as he attempted to keep his laughter in control. The team stared at him, red faced and in shock. Bokuto and Akaashi too were blushing profusely.

“Almighty God, thank you for blessing us today with this adorable laugh.” Asahi prayed as divine light hit him on the face.

“Amen.” The other players stated in unison.

Eh? Again?? (M/n) thought.

“Azu-chin are you okay?? You’re being all holy again!” (m/n) asked worriedly.

The chaos was interrupted when the referee had blown the whistle in annoyance. Both teams froze and Daichi apologized to the referee. The teams proceeded to continue their game, making progress as they went on with the game. Akaashi eyed (m/n) who scored yet another point for his team, cheering loudly with them and giving them high fives and high tens. He smiled a little and turned to his chaotic team, the ace having his emo moment after failing to make the spike just then. He sighed a little and turned to the team, giving them a nod.

“Akaa-chin! We’re not gonna lose, ya’ hear!?” (m/n) grinned as he pointed over to the dark-haired male and then to the mismatched, spikey haired male who had gotten his morale back up to a hundred-and-ten percent, thanks to his teammates of course. “You too Boku-chin!” (M/n) declared.

“We’re not going to lose either, (m/n)!!” Bokuto yelled as he slung his arm over Akaashi who smiled and nodded as a sign that he had agreed to Bokuto’s statement.

_____

“Ahhh! We lost!!” (m/n) pouted as he wiped off the sweat from his forehead with his shirt, exposing his wonderful six pack. Karasuno, Bokuto and Akaashi blushed at the wonderful sight, but Akaashi had recovered from his shock and quickly rushed over to (m/n) covering the holy sight of his abs from everyone as they drooled over his body.

“Akaashi! How could you?!” Bokuto and Kuroo yelled in unison as the dark-haired male refused to move from his spot with Yaku joining him shortly after realising what was happening.

“Don’t touch this child!” Sugawara hissed, threatening to hose the cat and owl away.

“Just try it.” Yaku said, glaring daggers into their very souls.

As the five started an all-out war and almost getting everyone wet, (m/n) slipped away from the group and headed out to the back. He released a sigh and looked down at his hands that were shaking profusely, he smiled nervously and shook his head.

He lost.

He lost again.

A failure.

He is a failure.

A failure.

He failed.

He failed to lead the team.

He failed to help the team.

He failed.