But first I have to train to be stronger. That way I don't have to try very much at the academy and focus on my personal training more instead.

I check the clock in the hall that read 6:00am. I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple and granola bar. I left the house the same way I came in and walked to the nearest forest.

I sat and ate my food as Kurama explained what he wanted me to do. According to him he wanted me to work on strength training for a while before I could use my chakra. That way it will be more manageable for me. According to him chakra control has to have physical strength as well as mental strength. So he wanted me to exercise both parts of my body.

And so, I ran around the forrest and worked on my endurance. Though, I could already run pretty fast since I was used to it. After I warmed up a little I made makeshift weights out of sticks and rocks. Thankfully since I was small it was enough to build some muscle. I don't have much testosterone yet since I haven't hit puberty, so it will be a bit harder.

The days went by fast since I was able to finally talk to someone. A week went by of almost nonstop training. This was a lot better then before. I was finally doing something other than waiting for my next beating.

When I wasn't training physically Kurama was teaching me something else. He would teach me history, how to read and write, basics of chakra to get me ready for when I can use mine, and other life necessities. So far I've learned the alphabet, and how to write some common words and phrases.

Kurama says that I catch on quickly, but I think that he's just saying that to make me feel better. Most kid's my age already know how to read and write after all, or at least clan kids do.

So the days went on and I got into the routine quickly. Since I took extra measure to avoid people, especially my family, the rest of the month went by quickly.

November came, and it started to get more cold outside. While the winters aren't that bad here, it isn't ideal temperatures for a kid, especially since I don't have any warm clothing besides a long sleeve and pants that my older siblings grew out of a while back. I found their clothing in the trash, and I took some.

I was back out in the forest that had beautiful fog in the distance. I love mornings like this. I sat and listened as Kurama told me that he thinks it would be safe to open my chakra coils. According to him it isn't ideal to do so this early, but many people have done it before, and we don't have as much time as others do. I can also keep myself warm with my chakra once I have enough control, which will be helpful.

So here I was, in the forest that I have been using for a while now. I sat in the lotus position that Kurama had taught me. "Now kit, I'm going to direct some of my chakra to where your chakra is located. Focus on it and don't pull away when I grab onto it."

I did as he directed, and I felt a weird sensation below my diaphragm. I felt a tug, which was most likely Kurama. I allowed it and forced myself to relax as I felt a small amount of the same feeling moving up towards my chest. The feeling went back down as a small part of that same feeling remained in my gut.

"Now that your chakra has been used, it should be a bit easier for you to move it around your body. Try to move your chakra in the same way I did. Focus on that feeling and try to move it up."

Without saying anything I began to try and do as he said. It took twice as long as he took, but I finally did it. I was sweating, but as soon as I relaxed it went back down.

Now that I could move my chakra to other points in my body, albeit slowly, I could focus on chakra training. And so, I could be seen with a leaf on my forehead for the next few weeks.

My training progressed exponentially after that. Once my chakra control was high enough to hold the leaf on my head for 30 minutes, I was finally able to learn my first jujutsu!

Kurama decided it would be best to learn the henge jutsu first. That way I would be able to access public spaces such as the library or restaurants.

It took a while, but finally I made a breakthrough. I was able to successfully henge into an average looking person. The first thing I did after my achievement was walk around town without the hateful stares.

It was a weird feeling. This was the first time a villager had smiled at me in passing, and treated me nice in general. I didn't have any money yet, so I couldn't go out to eat quite yet. So I went to the library.

There I was able to learn a lot more. The past three people Kurama has been sealed in refused to talk to him, so he was a bit out of date on some things. But here, I was able to read anything I wanted to in the below genin section.

The library quickly became one of my favorite places. The others being the forest and Ichiraku ramen.

Since I was so busy it felt as though the year went by faster then I thought. And soon enough it was time to ask Jiji if I could attend the academy.

I was nervous as I walked the streets to the Hokage tower. It was 6am, and a few people were setting up their shops for the day. Once I got into the building I had to talk to the receptionist.

She didn't seem pleased as she sneered, "state your business." She practically had to talk with her teeth clenched in order to stay professional.

"I need to speak to the Hokage ma'am."

"Too bad, he's a busy man. He does have time to talk to brats." I had to force my body to relax so I didn't show my fear. I don't like giving these people what they want.

She knew she couldn't call me a demon, or else it would be breaking the law, though other people didn't seem to mind.

As soon as I was about to give up for the day Jiji himself walked into the lobby. "Oh, hey Naruto. I haven't seen you in a while." He smiled as he usually does, "How have you been?"

"Good!" I forced out a smile and walked up to him as he hugged me. He gave the front desk lady some papers as he took me back to his office. There I was finally able to relax a little bit. Anxiety still grew though when it was finally time to talk to him about what I wanted to fit months now.

I sat in a chair and we made small chat. Finally after a while I brought it up. "Hey Jiji! Guess what?"

"Hmm?" He said while signing another paper.

"I wanna be a ninja just like you! I heard that ninjas go to the academy... So I was wondering if I could go too?" I said the last part with some obvious nerves showing through my voice.

He seemed to think for a while before saying, "I think that's a great idea Naruto! I'm sure Kushina would love it too. After all, Menma and Mito have already been going for almost a year now."

I had to force myself from reacting, what if he had to get her permission! She would never say yes. I doubt she'll even know who he's talking about. After all, I haven't seen her in months.

"Oh well, I'll sign you up anyways and if she comes taking to me later I'll figure it out then. I highly doubt she'll have a problem with it."

I mentally sighed as I hugged him once again and ran out of his office like a normal child. A part of me was actually excited.

-----

Wow, second chapter finished. I know it took a while, but apparently senior year is actually kind of hard. I'm graduating in a week tho!!! I can't wait. I'm turning 17 in literally a week from now. My birthday is May 21, and I'm graduating on May 22. It doesn't even feel real.

Anyways, enough about me. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, as always inform me of any mistakes or something you'd like to add. Thank you all so much, peace out!

Word count: 2924