Øṅē

He presses his boner against my crotch more. The cold counter barely balances out the heat soaring through my body. His soft hands grip my ass, his forearms pressed firmly against my outer thighs. 

I gasp as he nibbles on my ear, softly growling. I bite my lip, grasping at the back of his shirt.

"What-", I suppress a whine, "what about Jasmine?"

He moves his head to face me and stares down at my lips through half-lidded eyes.

"She won't be home for another hour", he responds, husk in his voice.

I nod and lay my head on his shoulder. He squeezes my ass, causing me to tense up.

"Let's go to my room, baby", he says.

I jump down from the counter and follow him around the corner.

------------------------------------------

2 weeks earlier...

"You've got to be kidding me", I say, trying my best to control the volume of my voice.

"I'm sorry, Allison", Jones says, "I just don't think you're a good fit for our company".

"I've been with you guys for a year!", I say, finally letting my anger out, "if I wasn't a good fit, you should've told me sooner! Or at least warned me so I could find a different job before I got fired here!"

Jones took a deep breath and leaned against his desk, his hands behind him as support. 

I did a once-over of his tousled hair and loose tie.

Man, am I gonna miss him being pressed up against the back of my chair, leaning over me at my desk in the wee-hours of the night.

"Allison" he said firmly, "pack your things, and leave".

I balled my hands into fists and sharply turned around. 

"Fuck you", I seethed.

-----------------------------------

I harshly shove office supplies into the cheap box given to me by Charlie, the assistant taking my place.

There goes a planner, the page with this weeks' schedule bookmarked. There goes a stray pen that was laying under it. A stack of sticky notes, the top one reading, "meeting with CEO of J&J co.-7 pm". There goes a small piece of paper ripped out of a notebook, "meet me in my office in 10", written on it. 

I gulp down tears as I stare at my blank desk, looking exactly as it did when I started here. 

I look up as footsteps approach my desk. I'm greeted by a group of four grizzly men, a slender one with wavy half-brown, half-blonde hair and caramel skin standing in the center of the square of men. 

"I'm here to meet with Jones", the slender one says, "I'm from J&J".

I snarl, "I don't work here anymore, go talk to the new assistant, Charlie".

He narrows his eyes at me, cocking his head back a bit. I narrow my eyes back at him.

Trying to scare me?, I think.

"Alright", he says finally.

I cock an eyebrow at him and pick up the box. I breeze past him and his entourage, leaving the building forever. 

-------------------------------------------------

2 days later...

I shove my hand into the bag again and pull it out with a handful of chips. I pick up the remote next to me and change the channel.

Boring, I think, changing it immediately.

I set the remote down, half-content with what show I've landed on. 

"Welcome back to Love Island USA-", the host on the tv says.

I stare at the screen longingly. That place is beautiful.

I finish the last chip in my hand, and force myself to close the bag. 

I head to the kitchen, the sound of the tv turning into useless background noise, something I've come around to liking since it makes my apartment feel less lonely. 

I put the chips away and wipe my hands on the dishtowel hanging from my oven handle. 

I breeze down the short hallway and into my bathroom. 

I feel like such a slob, I think, looking at myself in the mirror. I haven't showered in two days, and my hair has picked up a bit of grease. My face looks oily with no makeup on, and my legs aren't smooth anymore since they haven't been shaved and lotioned. 

I turn the shower on and slowly strip out of my clothes. 

-------------------------------

I grip the towel, willing it not to fall off, as I run into the living room.

"I'm coming, I'm coming", I say to my ringing phone.

I pick it up, dousing it in water from my hands.

"Hello?", I say, as if I didn't just act like my life depended on picking up the phone.

Actually, it felt like it did. I thought maybe it was Jones, calling to hire me back because Charlie sucks, or at least to ask me to come over for one final secret rendezvous. It wasn't.

"Hey, bestieee", Ryan says cheerfully.

"Hiii", I say, matching his tone.

"Okay, listen, I know this absolute babe who's looking for a babysitter right now-"

I cut him off, "no".

"What, why?"

"Because I need a full-time job that fits my credentials. Not some part-time gig for teenagers".

"Bitch, I know damn well you did not just cut me off like that. And, you really think I'm that stingy? This isn't a 'gig', it's a full-time career".

"What?" I say, slowly making my way to my room, desperately gripping the towel, "how's it full-time?"

"Because this bitch is rich. Like, 'I live in a penthouse in the heart of the city rich'".

"Oh, shit", I say, opening my closet.

"Yeah", he says, "she's willing to pay $320 an hour for you to be available whenever she needs you".

"What?" I gasp, abandoning the towel.

"Yeah", he says, "rich rich".

"Damn, bitch, you hooked me up".

"Uh-huh", he says, "how much you love me?"

"Infinity. You're the best, babes".

"Alright, hon. Well, I gotta go. I'll text you her info. Hit her up immediately. The spot won't be there for very long".

"Alright, bestie. Thanks so much", I make a smooch sound and hang up. 

I set my phone down and throw on a pair of leggings and a two-sizes-too-big sweater. 

I brush out my hair and brush my teeth. 

My phone vibrates and I pick it up, looking at the text Ryan sent me.

"212-538-9407. She has a hot husband too, he's the CEO of a major company...Give him my number ;)"

I laugh and copy the number, putting it in my contacts as "Rich bitch". I sit down on the edge of my bed and dial the number.

"Hello. My name's Allison. I'm calling to ask about your babysitter position-"