38

Finn pov

I had gone to London for the time being. I just needed and escape from everything. I loved my kids. There was no denying it. But the loss I felt for my wife had torn me down until I was no father. The loss of my baby was the loss of all happiness I had once felt. All hope that once bubbled inside me had popped and floated far away from my life. I missed my children and I still cared for them. But I couldn't bring myself to go home. Not after how I left things.

On Monday morning, I got a call but I ignored it. I knew who it would be. One of my brothers or even aunt pol to order me home. Well they can't boss me around anymore. I'm the boss of myself and all I want to do it to fuck some whores and drink whiskey until my throat burns away. The phone rang 7 times in a row before it stopped. That happened every hour and not once did I answer. I wasn't giving them the satisfaction. I had lost my wife. And people just expected me to be fine and to move on. But I can't. I'm not my brothers.

Polly pov

Lydia was growing worst every hour. We had all called finn so many times that we were willing to give up. He called me the second he got to London and gave me his address incase of emergency. Well obviously he doesn't think his daughters near death is an emergency.

Dan was constantly biting his nails with anxiety or tapping his fingers on his knees. He, like Arthur, had bags under his eyes and refused to eat and sleep. We understood that Lydia had been given a medicine for this at Christmas time when she was in hospital. However it wasn't working. We had taken her to the hospital, had doctors come to the house and every doctor said the same thing. That there was no hope for her. They told us to keep using the medicine but expect her to have passed by the end of the week.

Like fuck I was gonna let her die. Dan had lost everyone in his life. His birth mother. Then his birth father. Then nessa, finn and very possibly Lydia. But I couldn't let the boy go through this. I refuse to let him lose the person who he would jump infront of a bullet for. After days of trying to contact finn by phone, and Lydia growing weaker every day, I decided enough was enough. We needed to get finn and bring him to her. She had been asking for him. Crying for her daddy and we were gonna make it happen. Even if finn didn't deserve that little girl, she certainly deserved everything she could ever want.

"I'm going to London" I told the boys

"Why?" John asked

"If finn won't answer the fucking phone then I'm gonna go to him" I said

"No. I'll go. You need to stay and look after Lydia. You are the only one who can make her even the slightest bit better" Tommy offered. I nodded my head in agreement and went back to helping our lyd.

Tommy pov

I drove to London the second polly agreed to it. It was just me in the car. When I set off, it was early morning about 7am. I wanted to get finn home to his daughter before it was too late. If he found out she died and he wasn't even there, he would kill himself and i couldn't let that happen. No matter how much I wanted to put a bullet between his eyes.

I found his address. He was staying in a rented flat, beat down but 30 seconds away from both the pub and the brothel. I'm guessing that's why he chose this place. Certainly wasn't for the people or the scenery. I went to his flat number and knocked on the door. There was no reply so I knocked again. After twice more knocks, I had just about had enough. I kicked the door off its hinges and walked in to the flat.

A strong scent of booze and sex hit me straight away making me cough. The odar was strong and it was clear finn must be a mess. I walked around the flat looking for finn when I head moaning. Oh finn you stupid stupid stupid boy. I went into the bedroom and saw finn quickly cover up a girl who was seconds ago on top of him

"What the fuck do you want?" He grunted running his hands through his hair. I pulled him off the bed and pinned him against the wall

"You're a right bastard you know that?"

"What's going on Tommy?" He asked unbothered

"I'll tell you what's going on. Your daughter is back home on her death bed whilst you're here fucking some whore" I screamed in his face. I let go of him and he just stood still

"Lydia's ill?" He asked in shock

"The doctors say she won't make it to the end of the week. She's been asking for you all day every day but you havnt been answering the fucking phone" I told him through gritted teeth. I watched as tears sprung to his eyes. He quickly got dressed and walked out of the flat and in the car without another word. After driving for half an hour, he asked

"Do you think this is be-" I interrupted him

"Do I think this is because of the stress you out her under? Most definetly" I continued to drive not looking at him until I heard sobs escape his mouth. When i turned to look at him, he had his head buried in his hands crying

"Listen, I know this is hard. And I know you regret what's happened. But right now, you just need to be there for Lyd. And for Dan aswell. We havnt told him she's dying but it's clear she isn't well" I told him clapping him round the back

We finally arrived home and I've never seen finn run so fast. He jumped from the car and ran inside, not closing the door behind him in hurry