CHAPTER 10

A knock was heard on Jimin's front door. She then opened it.

"this is from... no name here, sorry." The mailman handed her a box.

"thank you." Jimin smiled at him.

She went straight to her room and opened the box.

Wear this tomorrow. I want you to look good for the people.

-Kim Winter

She read the small note. She then took out the blood red glamourous dress and laid it on her bed.

"this is beautiful." As she said that, her phone vibrates. "hello?"

"did you get the dress?" Minjeong asked on the other side.

"yes."

"do you like it?"

"I do. thank you." Jimin unconsciously smiled.

"good. Be ready at 4. I'll pick you up." Minjeong said then hung up.

-

The next day evening, Jimin already put on her dress. Small accessories on her ears and neck completes the look. The only formal shoes she has is black high heels she never wore.

"Jimin!" Jiho called. "your boss is here!"

Jimin walked out of her room.

"good evening." Minjeong greeted her with a smile. It looks so sincere to Jimin's eyes but she shook it off.

"if anything happened to her, I won't cooperate." Jiho whispered to Minjeong.

"shhh... don't you think she's pretty?" Minjeong kept her eyes on Jimin. Her hair in a bun like the usual but tidier and more styled. She wears light make up but that's still managed to emit her beauty.

"shall we go?" Jimin asked her. "I'll be going." She then said to her father.

Both of them then went inside the car.

"everything's set, miss?" Jin asked from the driver side.

"lets go." Minjeong informed.

Once they arrived, Minjeong held Jimin's hand and guided her to the building. Jimin noticed that this place is beyond luxurious. Big pillars and expensive cars can be seen.

"I know you did this for a reason. So you better act like you care." Minjeong said to Jimin's ear.

Jimin put on a good act. She linked her arm on Minjeong's and walked with her.

"here she is!" a woman called out to her.

"ma'am." Minjeong bowed to her and the others. "good to see you again."

"who's the lucky girl?" she asked.

"Karina." Minjeong replied for her.

Jimin bowed to the woman.

"she's Taeyeon. One of our shareholders." Minjeong smiled at Jimin. She then put her arm on her waist to look romantic.

"I know you have a good taste. She's pretty." Taeyeon complimented.

After some time talking, they sat down at one of the tables on the large hall.

"do you want anything?" Minjeong offered.

"no, thank you." Jimin gave her a small smile.

Minjeong then went to get a drink for both of them. When she came back, she saw her talking to another guy.

"how are you, Jae?" Minjeong said as she put her hand on Jimin's shoulder, rubbing it up and down.

"oh, hey. I'm good." Jae smiled at her. "she looks familiar. Do I know her?"

"you must be mistaken her for someone else."

"maybe. But she looks like-"

"my girlfriend. She looks like my girlfriend." Minjeong gave him a glare. She knew that Jae used to work for Dongwook but now he worked under her company.

"right." Jae then gave them a pressed smile. "have a great night."

"are you okay?" Minjeong made sure Jae didn't say anything to her.

"I'm fine." Jimin felt a different side of Minjeong. She smiled at her.

The party went by pretty fast for them. Minjeong hung out at the balcony and smoke with the other guests.

"Jeong?" Jimin called her. she blow the smoke that filled the air and fan it with her hand.

Minjeong then stepped on her cigarette butt. She then excused herself to the guests.

"you need anything?" Minjeong caressed her hair. "are you tired?"

"not really." Jimin averted her gaze from Minjeong. "but, it's late."

"you wanna go home?" Minjeong took her hand and lead her outside.

Minjeong saw Jin talking with the other chauffeur.

"Jin!" she called. He then nodded and went to her car. "let's go."

They both went in to the backseat.

"phew..." Minjeong loosen up her tie, opened two buttons of her shirt and ran her hand through her hair.

Jimin couldn't help but look at her boss. She gulped at the sight of it.

"you have a boyfriend." Minjeong noticed.

Jimin averted her gaze to the window.

Minjeong then tried to untie Jimin's hair, letting her long dark brown hair down to her shoulder.

"I never thought you look prettier with your hair down." Minjeong said and Jimin looked at her.

"thank you?" Jimin furrowed her eyebrows.

"you did that again." Minjeong noticed how Jimin always furrowed her eyebrows whenever she's confused or concentrating on something. "you'll get wrinkles on your forehead."

"hm..." Jimin didn't bother to swallow her words. She looked outside again.

"Jin, go to the usual." Minjeong said and Jin obeyed.

"where are we going?" Jimin asked.

"eat." Minjeong said plainly. "you haven't eat anything at the party."