Arius - [It's Back]

Start from the beginning

       I turned and looked at Alexandra. She was smiling happily.

       The little girl from earlier ran in, along with a boy. They looked identical in very many ways, both having Saia’s large eyes and Haru’s nice smile.

       Saia looked down at them. “Manu, Miu, meet the Prince of Egypt—”

       They both gasped.

       “The Price of Egypt?” Miu, the little girl squealed.

       “Wow!” Manu, the little boy added.

       I smiled as I bent down in front of them, “It’s nice to meet you two, I am Arius,” I said.

       They both grinned, looking very much like Haru.

       I then looked at Saia. “Are they twins?”

       She nodded.

       My eyebrows rose. “That’s amazing…” I said as I got up. Twins were so rare.

       Saia smiled. “You must stay with us for dinner!” Saia said. “Haru is out working on the field… I’ll call him right now—”

       “No, no, that’s fine. Don’t disturb him, he looked busy… I’ll stay for dinner, and I’ll see him there.”

       Saia smiled and nodded. “Okay, okay. Now, I just need to get something grand prepared!”

       I smiled and saw Alexandra turn to help, but then Saia slapped her hand when she reached out to pick up a bowl. “Alexandra! The Prince is here to see you! Get out of here.”

       Alexandra laughed and looked at me.

       I smiled at her and held my hand out.

       She took it without a hesitation and we left the house.

       We spent the rest of the evening together. We met with Tabia first, who squealed and tightly hugged Alexandra. We then sent Tabia off to Saia. After that, we found Akhen but we didn’t big him. He seemed fairly busy with Hebony.

       Hebony seemed extremely social, because she had so many friends in this small village. “She’s friends with everyone.” Alexandra told me.

       We were sitting on a wall that had fallen down, which used to belong to a house. For some reason, this was the only broken home that remained in this village.

       I nodded, not surprised.

       “She’s very sweet too. I like her a lot.”

       “I think Akhen does too.” I said.

       Alexandra laughed and nodded. “I agree.”

       I smiled.

       After a short moment, I noticed that she was looking carefully at me.

       I looked at her.

       “Your uncle…”

       “Is still alive.”

       She nodded.

       “We won’t be able to be completely together until he is dead and I am the King.”

       She continued to nod. “I understand.”

       “But he’s sick… so I’ll come see you whenever I can. I promise.”

       She smiled, leaned forward and kissed me.

       The kiss was amazing. It seemed to be exactly what I needed to bring the old me back. I pulled her tightly into my arms and kissed her back.

       I didn’t want this to end.

       Haru was extremely pleased to see me and after Tabia, Akhen and I spent dinner with all of my old friends, he showed me around their small, but comfortable house.

       But when it had gotten very late, Tabia, Akhen and I left. I had promised Alexandra that I would be back soon, and I was going to keep that promise. I was going to be going back to see her soon.

       And I did just that a few days later. And I went to see her after that too, very often. And strangely enough, the more times I went to see her, the sicker my uncle was getting.

       Of course, he didn’t know about what was going on.

       But I wondered, all the time, what he would do if he found out about what I was doing. Since I was gone a lot, and for a long time, sometimes all night too.

       He probably wouldn’t find out though. He was barely able to walk. Plus, everyone was too worried about him to care about what I was up to.

       Everything was going well.