𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽 -A treehouse, A letter-

Start from the beginning

Alexander smiled widely and jumped out of his chair, heading for the door. Helga slowly looked over at her husband, a bit confused. The boy seemed to have forgotten all his manners today.

"Where are you going?" She asked, giving him a scolding look again. He only smiled innocently and said they were going outside.

Heidi slowly sat up and left the table, but unlike Alexander she thanked herr fischer a million times over before joining Alexander, who had already put on his coat shoes and hat by the time Heidi was done thanking his father. The boy stared at my human impatiently while tapping his foot on the floor as she tied her shoelaces.

Heidi couldn't help but chuckle. He was ridiculous.

As soon as she stood up and her shoes were all tied, Alexander grabbed her arm and dragged her out the door. Heidi realised she had forgotten her coat and scarf, and so did Helga, who ran out to yell at Alexander, but it was too late, they had already disappeared behind the crooked houses.

Alexander dragged Heidi through the dark damp streets. She barely recognised where she was anymore, but she kept quiet, afraid that Alexander would think she was a bad friend. Why she thought that would make her seem like a bad friend, I have no clue.

He held her arm tightly as he ran down the avenues and turned a few more corners.

"Where are you taking me, einzeller!" Heidi eventually yelled. She was getting a bit worried and scared, wondering how she would find her way home.

"You'll See, mädchen!" He yelled back, and next thing you know the two children were crossing the many train tracks on the other side of the Neckar–which is a river.

"This seems dangerous." Heidi whispered as she saw a train go by awfully close to them, just a train track away. I agreed immensely, I had been screaming at her to just go back as soon as I saw where they were going.

"I promise it's not, you trust me?" Alexander turned around to face her. I felt a small urge to just slap him, this was dangerous. But I can't slap humans, and I couldn't convince Heidi to do it either.

So Heidt thought about it for a moment, without my guidance, friends were supposed to trust each other right? 'Yes' was her conclusion. So she nodded and kept her fear to herself. After maybe 15 minutes of running and walking away from full on moving trains, Alexander pointed to a little tree with what looked like a few strange shapes in it to Heidi; it turns out it was a tree house that he had built with his father a few years ago.

"Mary, Jesus and Joseph" She whispered as he began climbing the ladder, he looked so proud, Alexander was an adorable young boy, so genuinely happy all the time–although I did want to slap him from time to time.

"It's pretty cool isn't it!" He exclaimed sitting down on the edge of the first platform, his feet dangling in the air.

Heidi nodded with a slight smile, looking around, taking in all the colours. The light brown tree was still naked, and crystal clear water dripped from its branches. On one side stood a verdurous forest, tall and grand. On the other side lay the train tracks, old and grey. No train passed in that exact moment, but she could only imagine how cool it would be to see them pass so close by while sitting high up in that tree.

"You coming, mädchen?" Alexander asked, snapping Heidi out of her daydreaming.

Heidi gazed at the tiny light brown ladder and her hands immediately started sweating. Normally she would have shook her head in fear.

"you would have to help me, I don't want to fall."

But today she decided to be brave.

Alexander helped her up like a proper gentleman, and the two sat there breathing in the fresh air in peace.