Christmas Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Mum made it for me one year and I don't have the tell her that I'm not all that fond of it," Freddie explained.

"That's fine," Clara said. "Did you put on crazy socks?"

Freddie raised up his jeans to show hammerhead shark socks.

"Sweet, we're ready."

They hustled into the car with all of their presents for the family.

"Now," Freddie said. "I do have a surprise for you. One of our family friends is coming over for Christmas dinner and he's famous."

"Oh, cool! I wonder who it is? Do I know who it is?"

"Yes, he's pretty popular."

They drove for a while, singing to Christmas songs along the way. They did high-pitched voices for the Chipmunk song. They pulled into the driveway behind some other cars.

They knocked on the door and it was immediately opened by Bertie Highmore.

"Freddie! I've missed you."

Bertie immediately brought Freddie into a hug which Freddie reciprocated.

Bertie noticed Clara.

"Who's the young'un'?"

"This is Clara, my daughter."

"That's so cool, dude!" Bertie said.

Bertie turned to Clara. 

"Hi, I'm your Uncle Bertie, but you can call me Uncle B."

Clara laughed. "It's nice to meet you, Uncle Bertie."

Freddie and Clara walked into the house and Clara smelled some very nice things. It smelled like fresh bread, the Christmas tree, and ham. 

"Clara!"

Clara was engulfed in a hug by her grandma.

"Hey, Gram!"

"Want to try the rolls?"

"Of course!"

Clara ran into the kitchen with her gram and Gram gave her a bread roll to try. Clara nit into it and tasted the buttery taste of the bread.

"Absolutely delicious."

"Thank you, dear. If you want, you can go sit over there and read your book."

"Okay, thanks Gram."

Clara went over to the couch and sat down. She took out the fourth Percy Jackson book and started to read it.

"Did you forget about me, Mum?" Freddie asked.

"Of course I didn't," Gram said. "You're my first born son. I wouldn't forget you. I left you a free sample of bread."

"Thanks, Mum."

Freddie picked up a bread roll and sat to the left of Clara on the couch. He, too, started to read his book.

"Like father, like daughter," Bertie said.

Bertie took the picture and sent it to Freddie.

Thirty minutes later, there was another knock at the door. Bertie answered it.

"I hope I'm not too late," Daniel Radcliffe said. "Traffic was heptic."

"You're not too late, Danny Boy," Bertie said.

Daniel gave an exasperated sigh.

Gram greeted Daniel lovingly. 

"Hello, Daniel."

"Hey, Sue. Where's Freddie?"

"The Fredmaster is in the living room," Bertie said.

Daniel sat next to Freddie on the couch.

Clara looked up from her book and looked back at it. Then, she did a double take. She gasped and put her hands over her mouth.

"I have to be dreaming," Clara thought. "There is no way Daniel fucking Radcliffe is sitting next to us on the couch."

"Well, you saw Cumberbatch the other day so it's not out of the realm of possibilty," her mind argued.

"Watcha reading, Freddie?"

"The Catcher in the Rye, Dan."

Then, Freddie looked up and put his book down.

(If anybody has seen Girl Meets World, you know that scene where Shawn and Corey meet again for the first time in years and they just hug each other. Imagine that for this scene)

They engulfed each other in a tight hug.

"It's been a while, Dan," Freddie said.

"It has. You got a daughter in the time we haven't seen each other."

"I'm so glad you could come today."

"Well, it did take a while. As I told Bertie, traffic was heptic."

"Don't I know it. It took us an hour to get over here. You can ask Clara. We just did bad karaoke in the meantime."

Daniel laughed and sat forward. He looked over at Clara who was staring at him out of the corner of her eye.

"You must be Clara. I've heard so much about you."

"And I've heard so much about you from Freddie."

"How's life been with Freddie here?"

"It's been so cool. He's been teaching a little bit at my school. He bought me books for Christmas."

"Oh, cool. Freddie here has never been without a book everytime I've seen him."

Freddie laughed.

"Dinner's ready!" Bertie yelled.

They all went to the table. Freddie and Bertie were asked to say grace. They did and it all ended in "Amen." (I know, it sucks but I'm not that great with coming up with prayer on the spot).

They all dug in. 

Bertie teased Freddie at some point during the dinner.

"You're already on your second plate?"

"You're already on your second wife?"

Gram Highmore choked on the tea she was drinking. Dan raised his glass to his mouth. Clara said, "Oop, damn" and shoveled some food in her mouth.

The brothers stared at each other before bursting out laughing.

"It's good to have you back, Freddie."

"Likewise, Bertie."

Afterwards, Clara and Freddie helped clean the table and they sat down to watch some Jeopardy. Clara was pretty good on animals, history, Greek Mythology, and some medicine topics. She sucked when it came to authors, though. Politics and geography weren't great either. 

She got the final Jeopardy, though. The answer was Eisenhower. After that, she ended up falling unconscious. Actually, everybody ended up falling unconscious. It was a great dinner and a great Christmas.