CHAPTER ONE: THE LOFT

Start from the beginning

"Do you have the pizzas?" You hear Theo yell from the living room.

"I think you mean hello, how are you, do you have the pizzas?" You roll your eyes and take off your shoes.

He gets up from the couch and walks over to you, taking the boxes from your hands. "Sorry, we're starving." He smiles shyly and almost runs to the kitchen after picking up the case of beer.

You shake your head and go to the living room where you suspect your two other roommates to be.

"Hi." You plop down on the couch next to Chase and look at Ransom.

"Ransom, princess. Princess, Ransom." Chase points between the two of you.

You smile and offer him your hand to shake. "Nice to meet you."

Ransom shakes your hand. "You too."

You let go of his hand and cuddle into Chase's side when you feel his arm wrap around your shoulders while Ransom lets his eyes roam all over your body. Gorgeous, he thinks.

"Are you Chase's girlfriend?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.

You slap Chase's chest with the back of your hand. "You dummies." You shake your head and look back at Ransom. "I'm not his girlfriend, I live here." You smile. "I'm guessing the guys forgot to mention that their other roommate was a girl, uh?"

"Oops?"

"Yeah, oops." You roll your eyes.

"Great." Ransom sighs. That's what he needs. A girl to cockblock him, bitch and moan about everything and be an absolute monster once a month.

You arch a brow at Ransom's tone but decide not to comment on it, for now.

"I'm eating!" Theo calls out from his seat at the table.

"You better not!" You jump to your feet and leave the living room. "What's the rule?" You point a finger at him, making him freeze before the slice of pizza reaches his mouth.

"The person who pays for the pizza gets the first slice." He mumbles.

"Did you pay for it?"

"No." He drops the slice on his plate and crosses his arms. "Hurry up, I'm starving."

You shake your head and sit down across from him. You reach into the opened box and grab a slice, taking a bite out of it. "Now you can eat." You cover your mouth with your hand while chewing.

No longer than 5 seconds later, half of his slice is shoved in his mouth.

"Now I get why you're so popular with the guys." You tilt your head playfully while chuckling.

"That's just one of my many, many talents." He grins.

"Princess, do you want a beer?" Chase calls out as he walks to the fridge.

"Yes, please." You smile before taking another bite.

Chase walks over to the table with Ransom following not far behind. He puts down an opened beer bottle on the table next to your plate and takes his seat next to you. Ransom does the same thing with Theo and sits next to him.

"What kind of name is princess, anyway?" Ransom asks right before taking a sip of his own beer.

There's something about him that rubs you the wrong way.

"It's not my name, it's the nickname Chase and Theo gave me when I moved in but now everyone calls me that." You shrug.

He looks at Chase, then Theo. "Why princess?"