CHAPTER ONE: THE LOFT

Start from the beginning

"What do we need to talk about?" Ransom looks at the two men sitting across from him.

"A few things just to get an idea of how it would be to live with you. The three of us have been friends for a very long time and we're basically family. We love to hang out together, have movie nights and game nights. Is that ok with you?" Chase asks, looking at Ransom intently to see his reaction.

"Why wouldn't it be ok?" He frowns. It all sounds horrible but Ransom has every intention to stay in his room most of the time and go out for the rest.

The two roommates seem pleased by his answer.

"As for overnight guests, please don't bring back anyone that would potentially steal and/or destroy our things because they didn't know it was a one and done."

Theo rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "It was one time and he apologized."

Ransom smirks. "It's fine, I'm pretty direct and there's no ambiguity. Girls know what they sign up for."

"Good." Chase nods.

"Welcome home, then." Theo says after exchanging a glance with Chase.

Ransom grins and they all agree that he can move in by the end of this week.

"Our roommate will be at work on Friday when you get in but we'd be more than happy to help you." Theo offers as they walk him back to the door.

"I'll be alright, but thanks." He waves at them before stepping into the elevator.

The two men wait for the elevator doors to close before doing the same with the loft's door.

"He seems weird." Theo laughs.

Chase shrugs. "He'll fit right in with us then."

"Do you think he'll get along with her?"

"Tee, even our one night stands get along with her." Chase laughs, shaking his head and going back to the living room to finish watching the show he had started before Ransom came over.

The boys tell you all about Ransom when you get home from work and you're very excited to have a new roommate. Especially one that loves books. Plus, game nights are going to be easier now that there are four people instead of three. Theo won't be able to get away with cheating anymore.

You spend the entire week cleaning the loft and dusting the empty room so that when Ransom gets in on Friday, he won't have to do any cleaning. Whereas Ransom spends the following days packing everything. He has to choose what he takes with him and leaves behind, there's no way that he can fit everything that's in his house into his room back at the loft.

To his dismay, Ransom ends up having to ask the guys for help on moving day. He can carry boxes by himself, some of the furniture too but his mattress and bed frame are impossible for one man to carry by himself. He tried.

It takes a few hours but by 5 pm, Ransom is officially moved in.

"How does pizza and beer sound for dinner?" Theo asks, taking out his phone to text you.

"Great." Chase answers while Ransom just shrugs.

Theo sends you a quick text to tell you to get pizza and beer before coming home and then they all go back to the living room to watch TV.

Ransom makes an effort to hang out with them tonight but hopefully this won't become a habit. He needs a place to stay, not friends.

You walk into the door a little over an hour later, tired but excited to meet your new roommate.