Counselor: Why do you think they did that?

Henderson: I don't know. They had torn the radios out of their helmets and dismantled their computers they had also tried ripping out there neural implants. The CO said they were trying to build something... but I saw all the stuff, no way! They were trying to break it. And there was two other  body's in there too. Not a Blue, somebody else. Actually, she looked like him. The other was a red and not one we recognized 

Henderson looks over to a grey clad soldier standing in the corner.

Counselor: Don't worry about him for now, Walter. Please, continue. 

Henderson: We brought all the equipment back to base and brought it online. And that's when the infection started for us.

Counselor: The soldiers became... sick?

Henderson: No. They just... they were different. Off. We would catch guys getting into areas they shouldn't get into. But the weird thing was, two guys would go crazy, act up, and then we would throw them in a cell,  we would remove a chip from one guy, and they would be fine. Then another guy would go nuts, disobey orders. Like trying to bring the comm tower back online even though we were told to leave it be. Maybe they knew it was coming. 

Councilor: They knew what was coming?

Henderson: At first we thought it was help. It ransacked Blue Base, searched all the bodies... then it came after us. Seemed focused on the guys that were infected. Eventually, it just started killing everything.

Counselor: Could you describe it for us, Walter?

Henderson: Not really. It moved fast, when we first saw it, and after Blue Base it was... it was different.

Counselor: In what way, different?

Henderson: It looked... like it wasn't there. I don't know how to explain it. And when we shot it with rockets it sent it back at us,

Counselor: That's alright. I know this has been difficult for you Walter. We're going to do everything we can to help you.

Two soldiers in grey walk up behind Henderson

Counselor: Please, follow these men to your new quarters. You'll be with us as long as absolutely necessary. You have my word.

Henderson follows them out of the room

Counselor: Agent Washington, what do you make of all this?

Washington: I think it sounds like exactly what I encountered.

Counselor: Mhm.

Washington: Except it's stronger now, and becoming more so all the time.

Counselor: Does that concern you?

Washington: It doesn't make me excited.

Counselor: You've been through a lot with this program, Agent Washington. The Epsilon A.I. we assigned you-

Washington: Has already been discussed to death. I'm over it.

Counselor: Now your, physical problems... because of your last encounter-

Washington: I'm better now. Mentally and physically.

Counselor: Our profile of you disagrees with your assessment.

Washington: Look, the last mission I ran against this thing, I got shot in the back by my own partner.

Counselor: Agent South. We feel some... responsibility for that.

A video appears on the screen showing South shooting Washington in the back

Washington: Yeah, you should. If I hadn't had York's healing unit, I'd be dead now. So while this isn't ideal and I don't feel like sticking my neck out for you guys, if it puts me on a path that leads to her, you can trust me at least that far.

Counselor: So you would say that you have overwhelming feelings of anger, and a need for revenge?

Washington: More than you know.

Counselor: Excellent. Now that our agency is under investigation, the Director feels it is important for us to be as open as possible. With each other. If our suspicions are correct, the Meta has made another addition: the Omega A.I.

Washington: It was Omega and... Tex, right?

Counselor: Yes, it was.

Washington: The Meta doesn't leave much behind. It's gonna be hard to track.

Counselor: We think the best place for you to start would be the Omega's last known location. The soldiers there have the most experience with our program.

Washington: I see. So I should contact these experts-

Counselor: We do not like the term "experts."

Washington: Because no one really knows what our program is doing?

Counselor: Let's just say the term "expert" is a little too... complimentary in this particular case. Do you still have your old suit of armor?

Washington: Of course. Wait...

Washington suddenly appears in  Blood Gulch in older looking armor with the same colors.

Washington: Why? ...Oh, great.