20

It's been a while since I've written in here. I've been trying to keep away. I burry myself in schoolwork, I practically live in the library, I don't take part in their pranks. They find a way to get close to me though...

Like, Peter tries to get me to help him with his homework, Sirius haunts the library, and James drags me with them whenever they have to pull a prank. They are great friends....I'm not.

Now, it's March 9. Full moon is on the fifteenth. My birthday is on the tenth. James' birthday is on the twenty seventh. Sirius' birthday is on November. Peter's birthday is during the summer.

We decided to make sure that we know this about each other since last October, Sirius didn't even tell us it was his birthday....that is, we found out because his mum sent him a howler. Howlers are not nice. The one Sirius' mum sent was awful! Did I write about that? Hmmm...I didn't.

Well, the howler kept telling him how he was a disgrace for being a Gryffindor, how he was always getting in trouble, and how they wished he wasn't born. This was the first time that I saw Sirius Black not lose his temper. He became subdued, grim, and...well, not himself! James hexed anyone (Particularly the Slytherins) that laughed, Peter got Sirius extra pudding, and I put out the flames the howler spread as it self-destructed. It was awful, but we made him an impromptu party. We got him some gifts (although they were a bit late), and we showed him that we were there for him.

Actually, I realized that Sirius has it pretty bad at home. His brother calls him the "Black sheep" (really....BLACK sheep...). He hates his family. He would do anything to stay at Hogwarts during Christmas break (he still had to go home though).

Anyway, that's why I've written those dates down. I can't forget. Besides, they won't let me forget either....

I'm pretty sure they're planning something for my birthday. I know my friends, and I know the signs.

1.       James, Sirius, and Peter whispering in the common room

2.       Sirius hinting that my birthday will be a "blast".

3.       Peter looking nervous when he's around me...like he has a secret he wants to tell so badly.

So, I have to be on my guard....just in case.