He always put everything on the line every time he was given some work like there was no tomorrow. Those works were probably the reason for the scars on his hands.

Seeing him like that somehow made her heart shattered.

"So, Ezekiel... if you have a hard time make sure to come to me, alright?"

"Anytime?"

"Anytime."

Ezekiel looked deep inside Zoella's eyes as if he wanted to find any lies in those amethyst-like eyes. However, the more he stared at them the more he believed what she said was sincere.

And Ezekiel wanted to believe it. Even if it's a lie he still wanted to believe it.

No one had ever said those things to him. They always took everything he did for granted and Ezekiel had no one to share his burden.

Hearing those words from Zoella, Ezekiel couldn't help being greedy at the thought of someone would be by his side at any time.

Slowly he nodded his head without saying a word.

Even so, that was enough for Zoella. She smiled brightly at Ezekiel which made his heart once again beat loudly. So loud that he was afraid Zoella would be able to hear it.

"Ah right. I'm sorry Ezekiel."

Ezekiel stiffened up. He didn't know but he was nervous to hear Zoella's next words.

A bad scenario started circling in his head such as Zoella didn't want to meet him again or those words earlier were a joke.

"My friends somehow found out about our meeting."

"Eh?"

Ezekiel was bewildered. The topic that Zoella brought up suddenly was really out of his expectation.

"I don't know that they will be so quick to catch on so I have no choice but to tell them about you."

"No, it's fine. Your friends are bound to know sooner and later."

Ezekiel answered in a calm voice to reassure the girl in front of him. Zoella smiled in relief. But that didn't mean she didn't feel bad about it.

Since the first day, she met Ezekiel, she kind of felt that he wanted to keep his identity a secret. That was why Zoella did her best to avoid her best friends' eyes whenever she went to meet him.

"Speaking of which, what herbs did you pick today?"

Ezekiel quickly asked to change Zoella's mood.

"Oh, that..."

Zoella started to rummage through her bag again. It was her habit to pick up some herbs she found during her walk to the lake.

She took out some small fruits from her bag and showed them to Ezekiel.

"Look, I found these interesting berries. If I'm not wrong they are called Peruviana fruits. They are supposed to taste sweet and a bit sour. Here, try it."

Ezekiel took one of the fruits from Zoella's hand as he observed it. This is the first time he saw something like this.

"It's... not poisonous, right?"

"Don't worry, it's not."

Zoella chuckled when she saw Ezekiel's concerned expression. It was only natural since only a few people know about this fruit.

It was also Zoella's first time to see it directly.

"Let's try it."

Ezekiel nodded. Zoella frowned as the sour taste touched her tongue while Ezekiel didn't show any expression.

"It's really sour. I think it's not fully ripe yet, right?"

"Is that so? It was sour but I can manage."

"If only I have a piece of chocolate with me."

Ezekiel smiled looking at Zoella's funny face. He suddenly realized something while he chewed the fruit in his mouth. He stood up and offered his hand to Zoella.

Even though Zoella was confused by Ezekiel's sudden movements, she quickly took his hand as she get up.

"I'm sorry. I need to go back quickly today. Let me escort you to your dorm."

"Oh, it's alright you don't have-"

Zoella was about to refuse his offer if she didn't remember Warren's nagging about how a girl can't walk alone in the forest.

'He'll just nag me again if he finds out.'

"Then, let's go."

Ezekiel was a bit surprised to hear Zoella's agreement. He thought this girl would refuse his offer again. And yet here they are walking together as they get out of the forest.

Even if it was just a little bit, his heart lit up with joy because he was able to be with Zoella longer.

"That's my dorm. Thank you for escorting me."

"My pleasure."

Ezekiel hold Zoella's hand gently and gave it a light kiss before he walked in the other direction.

Thump thump~

'Crazy!'

Zoella clenched her hand on her chest and tried to calm her excited heart with her face as red as a tomato.