EPILOGUE

Mantu looked at her devastated as his hands still cupped her face and his forehead touching hers. Their noses touched as their eyes met. A single lone tear fell from both of their eyes and he looked at her with disbelief. He clenched his fists as he stood up, picked his bag and left the hospital room; Amaya breaks down sobbing. He walks out of the hospital as his body shivers due to anger. Tears were flowing through his eyes as he lost everything he had, yet again. He yet again failed. He, angrily starts his bike and drives back home.
Next Day : 6AM
He was looking at floor of his verandah blankly as he drank another sip of alcohol from the bottle. That was his third bottle. Tears were still streaming down his eyes as his phone rang. He didn't realized it for a few seconds till he moved slowly and picked it up from the charpai. It was Rachita's. He picks it up and answers, "Hello!" "Hello! Mantu. Is Amaya with you?" Mantu laughs hysterically as he falls down the charpai and says, "I wish!! I wish!!" "Mantu I'm serious. I came to the hospital to check on her and she is missing. Nurse said she was here till yesterday night. Then even the staff doesn't know. Is she with you... " Mantu suddenly came to his senses as he got up. "No di. I... Me and Amaya had kinda an argument yesterday and she gave me her swear to leave her alone, so I came back home. She should be at the hospital.", said Mantu as he quickly grabbed his bike's keys and left the house unlocked. Amaya was missing. Her words came back to him. He blanked out thinking, she might end her life. "Rachi di, any update on Amaya...", he said as he ran inside the hospital."  Rachita nodded negatively as she cried bitterly. "It's all my mistake. This is all happening because of me.", murmured Rachita as Mantu saw everyone standing there. But nothing mattered to him as Amaya wasn't there. He quickly ran towards his bike and reached the police station. "Sir, sir. Amaya... Amaya is missing, please help me find her. It's urgent. Here...here is her photo.", said a panicky Mantu as he showed her picture on his phone. A lazy officer slowly looked at him as he said, "Since when she is missing." "Umm umm... Since night. Please officer. It's urgent. She is really vulnerable right now. She can harm herself. Please.", pleaded Mantu as he moved restlessly. "We can't write a missing complaint before 24 hours are complete. If she still doesn't come home, contact us. Now leave.", said the lazy police officer as he yawned. Mantu's eyes turn darker red as he banged on the table and shouted, "Why don't you understand, it's urgent. She is missing, since night. She is right now in a very vulnerable position. You have to help me find her. You HAVE TO!" "You don't tell me what to do, what not to do!!", said the furious officer. Mantu glared at him. "Ayee, throw him out of here, and even then he doesn't leave, then lock him up and beat him, until he gets sense to whom he is talking to.", said the officer as he got up and ate a laddoo before going inside his cabin. Mantu furiously left the place as he spends his whole day searching her everywhere he thought she might be. From ganga ghats, to her old office, to her favorite restaurant, to even Atom's place. She was no where to be found. He even visited Railway station to check whether she left Banaras or not. But all in vain. Disheartened and disheveled he reaches home as he falls on the ground. He keeps his head on the charpayi as he stares into his phone, where Amaya's picture was. He went to her favorite mandir thrice, begged Mahadev to help him find her, but everything in vain. He slapped his forehead as he cried bitterly. He lost every single thing today. He blamed himself for everything. He should have never left. He knew she needed her. He should have never left. After a few moments, he slowly gets up from where he fell and starts walking towards the room. Suddenly, he stops as he heard a soft muffled cry. His heart nearly skipped beating. He again heard the muffled cry, this time more prominent. As he ever so slowly turns around, he saw Amaya getting up from the shadows of his house. She was crouched down in the darkest part of the house, her face was all swollen and messy. He muffled cried too as he felt, he got his breath, his life again. Amaya looked at him as she played with her fingers. He completely turns to look at her as she stammered, "Main... Jaane... I tried... Leaving... Leave... But... Bu... Couldn't... Couldn't... Mantu... Man...". Mantu smiles lightly as he takes long strides to cover the distance in between and within seconds he was standing, in front of her, ever so closely. "I tried...leave...leaving but...bu", and before Amaya could complete her sentence, Mantu's finger touched her lips to silence her. Amaya stared down as she sobbed. Tears fell down his eyes as well; as he closed his eyes and with all his love, kissed her forehead. Amaya took a deep, sharp breath as he held her through her shoulders. He removed his lips from her forehead and kissed her eyes. She took a deeper breath as he held her closer by every second passing by. Tears were still flowing from both of their eyes. He then moved on to the tip of her nose as his hands reached her back and locked themselves there. Her soft body crashed his hard, strong body as explosions happened in both of their heads. He then ever so slowly moved to her cheeks, followed by ears, jawline, and chin. After minutes of doing this again and again, he quickly brushed his lips against hers before going all in with the kiss. His one hand caressed her cheek while the other pulled her closer towards him from the back. Her hands were suspended freely in the air as she immersed herself in the sea of life. Their tongues met as their kiss deepened. It was slow, passionate, and full of love. Both were crying as they never thought this moment will come. Mantu's hand slid and intertwined with her fingers as he broke the kiss, gasping for breath. Their foreheads touched each other as Mantu opened his eyes. Her eyes were still closed as she breathed irregularly. He brushed her hair and tucked them behind her ear, before hugging her tightly and picking her up vertically in his arms, walking towards the room, their room for the lifetime.

THE END