Synopsis

ORIGINAL STORY.
I'M OBVIOUSLY TWEAKING A BIT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT.
Amaya Mathur lives happily in Paris, while her parents and sisters live in Mumbai. She is a spoilt, spendthrift yet a kind hearted person. She is extremely close to her dad who she calls "Superman". She is close with her sisters and mom as well. Her whole family visits her in Paris and brings her back to Mumbai for her elder sister Rachita's engagement with her boyfriend. Rishi was continuously trying to cover up his scandal but failed. Dejected, he commits suicide, and the Mathurs lose their property in Mumbai and Paris and move back to their hometown Banaras due to all the humiliation and loss. Hari, Rishi's best friend, is imprisoned due to Rishi's bankruptcy crisis. They all shift to a house just adjacent to a house named as "Chaubey Niwas" which happened to be the house of the most respected person in Banaras - Gajanand Chaubey. The house was small and dusty and girls throw tantrums, protesting not to live here. One day, Amaya was frustrated with frequent power cuts and bribes a person to sleep on the backseat of an AC car. The car happens to be rented by a tourist guide cum software engineer Mantu. They both argue and both of them mock each other. Mantu, is an orphan, who lost his parents when he was 13, due to drowning in Ganga. Since then, he has been taking care of his younger brother Chiklu and his best friend Uma, who too lost her parents in the same accident. Uma had feelings for him since childhood which Mantu was unaware of. While she was extremely possessive of him, he considered her nothing more than a sister.
On the other hand, Amaya and her sisters struggle to get even the simplest of things as Hari's son Rudra try creating obstacles for them as a revenge of taking his father away from him. Mantu and a shopkeeper's son Rama; who fell in love with Rachita when he first met her, happens to rescue them all the time. Mantu and Amaya keep bickering every single time they met. One time, Manyj organized Chai pe Charcha, and people insulted Rishi, upon seeing Amaya, and Mantu stops them. She gets hurt and decides to run away to Mumbai to prove his innocence. She runs away on the same night when Mantu scolds Chiklu and he too runs away. They both become friends and Amaya makes him understand how caring his brother must be. Mantu runs to the train station where he reunites with Chiklu and thanks Amaya for taking care of him. In this process, Amaya's bag gets stolen and she goes to the police station to report for the missing, where, due to her surname, she gets recognized and the phone call goes to Gajanand Chaubey. Chaubey family has Mr and Mrs Gajanand Chaubey, his son & daughter-in-law, his granddaughter and a servant. They all along with Mathur family goes to the police station where it's revealed that Sneha happens to be Gajanand's daughter who he abandoned 25 years ago as she ran away with Rishi. All shocked reaches home where Gajanand humiliates Rishi to an extent that it changes Amaya completely. She visits a temple and prays for her family where Mantu sees him, confused. ManYa's (Mantu and Amaya) friendship keep getting stronger. One night, when they both were helping a kid from getting kidnapped, Mantu gets beaten up, for her. That changes her yet again and she starts falling for him. Mantu gets her a job where he was working too, on contractual basis. They both spend quality time together and get really close. Even though Mantu's friends insists that he is falling for Amaya, he denies saying that she ain't his type and sees her as his good friend. Whereas, Amaya was falling deeper in love with him, every second. Uma was very jealous of their closeness and was trying her very best to ruin the couple. Amar Jodi Pratiyogita was held on Mahashivratri day in which both male and female had to climb a mountain and reach first, so they can get their wishes to be fulfilled. Amaya takes a dangerous shortcut & wins the race. Mantu is very impressed and just when they were about to do the pooja, Uma falls from the stairs and Mantu runs away with her leaving Amaya all alone, heartbroken. Mantu too started getting worried for her, as she became silent and saw her bruises. He took her to the hospital where he discovered her taking the shortcut and starts feeling for Amaya. So much so that he couldn't control himself. A series of misunderstanding happens between them when Gajanand Chaubey accepts the Mathur family and he disapproves of Mantu and also Uma fuels him. It's also revealed that Rachita turns out to be Sneha and Dev Agnihotri's daughter, whom Rishi gave his name after marrying Sneha and that was the reason he ran away with her. Knowing this Gajanand accepts them. Rachita gets kidnapped one night, the same night Rudra beats Rama for confessing his feelings for her, even though she didn't reciprocated. Eventually, they both get engaged, much to Rachita's disappointment. A night before Rama & Rachita's marriage, Manti confesses his love for Amaya to her, and she happily replies that she will give him an answer after Rachita's marriage.

Dev returns and tells Rachita's illegitimacy to Sumitra, who threatens the Mathurs that she will reveal the truth publicly. But Amaya instead weds Rama to protect her family. Heartbroken Mantu leaves Banaras. Amaya learns Kangana is traditional during the day but acts like modern at night, under the name "Kanika". Later it's revealed that Kanika is Kangana's long lost twin sister, but Amaya still thinks they're the same people.
Amaya realises, Kangana has split personality disorder, needing an operation. To collect money Amaya sells her jewellery and Rama takes up a competition fighting with the greedy and evil Tilak, and wins. She and Rama get closer and fall in love. Amaya's in-laws finally accept her after Kangana's successful treatment. Tilak kills Mantu. The show ends on a happy note as Amaya and Rama remarry and live happily ever after.