23

To say that Lumiere is having a good time in the gap dimension is an understatement. He's having the best time of his life. Really.

After yet another failed attempt, Lumiere let his mana flare in frustration, since the gap dimension is an endless space his mana didn't endanger or break anything.

"Haa. Fucking damn it." He curses, running his smooth slender fingers through his long locks.

"Why did His Majesty have to forget his memories? Hell if he remembers anything it'll make my job easier." He mumbled in frustration.

Lumiere clasped his hands together again and closed his eyes to develop a cure again.

But his efforts proved to be in vain when he came up with nothing.

"Damn. Why did I do this again? Yeah right, because of that idiot Princess." He mutters, a flash of Jennette smiling appearing in his mind.

Lumiere grinned softly before shaking his head.

"What an Idiot."

After a hundred more attempts, Lumiere finally stood up and released the tantrum that he's been holding off for a while.

"Okay! God I give up! It's time to go and visit my oldest friend." Lumiere exclaimed, opening up a portal and leaving the gap dimension.

"World Tree, you fucking sit tight and wait."

---

"Dad..." Jennette called out softly at the man who's mana is resembling a tempest as minute goes by.

"I already gave you a warning, and yet you did not heed it." Aniel said, mana swirling threateningly like a storm.

"Will you really kill me?" Jennette asked softly, hands gripping her dress so tightly that her fists started to turn white.

Jennette didn't even hear a reply from her Dad when a huge ball of mana came hurling towards her, it didn't manage to hurt Jennette because multiple protection circles manifested and protected her from harm.

"Oh? Mana never lies. So it must be really me who placed those protection spells on you." Aniel says in a blank tone, another magic circle appearing behind his back.

Aniel raised his hand and aimed it at the protection circles surrounding Jennette like a barrier.

"Even so. Did you think that you will be protected for so long? I was the one who placed those spells on you and I will also be the one who will pluck them out." And as Aniel released this worlds, Jennette saw the protection circles cracking and breaking into millions of mana dust.

Jennette stared up at the bright blue sky of the empire she calls home before looking straight at her Dad and smiling softly, "Fine. You really wish to kill me, Dad? Then so be it."

Jennette won't deny, but she is terrified of the fact that she'll die by the hands of her father. The one who promised to take care of her for the rest of his life, the one who always stood by Jennette's side ever since she started living in the Castle. The one who always made efforts to spend his time with her even when he's busy with all the responsibilities that comes with being the Emperor.

The one who managed to make Jennette feel loved and special.

But if her Dad wants her gone, then who is she to deny? After all, she already lived her best life. Though it was short, it was her happiest life ever.

'If me being gone is what makes you happy and comfortable, then so be it. After all, you are my precious Dad.'

"But before anything else, please know that I love you and I wish nothing but the very best for you. Farewell, Daddy." Jennette smiled one last time, before closing her eyes and bracing for the impact that her Dad's magic will make once it hits her.