[Vol 1] Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"So we shouldn't do that." I said since there was clearly something that was here that shouldn't be messed with.

"No we are, so Amaya try running some magic through it." Elze said as I stared at her deadpanned.

"Why? There's no way to be sure that there's treasure on the otherside." I said crossing my arms as I stared down at her.

"True, but you used Search before right. So somthing is on the otherside, whether it be treasures or just old vases." Elze said as I sighed.

'I'm so getting me a drink when I get back to the Inn after this.' I thought as I walked up to the stone.

Taking a glance back I saw that all of the girls had put some considerable distance between me and themselves making me deadpan as I stared at them.

"Thanks for the confidence booster guys, really helpful."I said sarcastically as I placed my hand on the pebble and started running magic through it.

Soon the wall behind it started to crumble apart into sand making me stare inside intrigued as I extinguished my flame and walked inside with the girl coming in from behind.

We soon laid our eyes on a weird structure that laid in the middle of the room.

"What is that?" Elze questioned as we walked in a bit more and got closer

Getting close to the structure I tried to see what was inside of it. Only to ot really see anything.

"It's too dark to see what's in it." I said as I was about to ignit my hand ablaze.

Only to stop myself as I felt my senses flaring wildly whe I was about to.

Giving the structure a look over, I could feel my gut telling me that whatever it was or is. It is Dangerous to be around.

Moving back a bit, I glanced towards Linze and her ball of light.

"Aye Linze, Wasn't you ball of light bigger before?" I asked as she looked at me with a pout.

"I know I'm not great with Light, but even so I could very well light up a room like this for hours." She said as shook my head.

"No look at her light." I said making her look towards it.

"Hm? Your right...it certainly was bigger than this... It's seems to be getting weaker..." She said as I glanced back at the structure with caution.

I narrowed my eyes at it as I focused my attention on it until, I felt it.

"It's, It's not getting weaker..." I said as backed away a bit from it.

"Hm? What wrong Amaya-" Linze was cut off as the structure started to glow in its center.

Backing away fron it we all stared at it.

"Amaya-San!" Linze called out as I gritted my teeth.

"Your spells energy is being absorbed by that thing!" I shouted out as I saw it repair it's leg.