3 - Enemy Territory

Ferrari are absolutely dominating this season. This weekend felt so long, but in all honesty I'm glad it's over. Never been a fan of the Jeddah track, I think changes need to be made to make it safer. Mick's crash in qualifying was absolutely terrifying to watch and it's a miracle he came out of that without a scratch and no soreness at all. That exit of turn 12 is where many people have crashed previously as well. 

Todays battles between the Alpines and Max and Charles at the front were amazing and I was on the edge of my seat at the end 🙌 

Anyways, thoughts on a Las Vegas race 👀 ? 

Dakota's POV

I woke up feeling refreshed and optimistic for the day.

The sun was shining outside and not near as windy as it had been during testing last week.

I had to be at the track early for Free Practice 3, right before the start of qualifying.

It was already 10 by the time I made my way down to breakfast at the hotel. McLaren was staying at the Hilton hotel, just a five minute walk from the track.

The only problem was that Ferrari, for obvious reasons, had chosen to stay at another hotel.

I pulled out my phone to call Alessandro, hoping he could spare some time to eat breakfast with me and catch up.

To my surprise, he was already waiting in the hotel lobby, speaking to Carlos and Lando.

"Morning," I greeted, glancing between the three boys.

"Morning, have a nice rest?" Carlos asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"The best, I actually feel energized."

"That's good, I had a shitty night," Lando sighed, rubbing his eye harshly.

The poor guy had dark circles under his eyes and he almost looked like a proper raccoon.

I smiled at Alessandro who gave me a cheeky wink. I laughed quietly, shaking my head as Lando and Carlos made their way back to the kitchen.

"You're quite daring. Showing up on McLaren territory," I teased, bumping his shoulder as we walked to a secluded part of the hotel lobby.

It was a relief that we didn't have to hide. The entire McLaren team knew about our relationship, minus Carlos.

I may or may not have forgotten to tell him, but that was an issue for later.

"What, you're just going to label me as the enemy because I don't wear orange anymore?" he asked, his eyes shining in amusement.

I laughed, shaking my head as I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss.

He let out a rumble of displeasure, placing a hand on my cheek and giving me a proper kiss.

"How's the head?" I asked, knowing his car had been bouncing quite a lot earlier.

"Much better, I think we sorted the porpoising issue," he nodded.

"That's good, I can't imagine driving like that. You can barely see where you're going."

"How is Carlos fitting in?"

"Perfectly actually, I think the team missed him. Everyone's glad he's back. What about you?"

"It's... getting there," Alessandro replied. "I miss hearing your voice on the radio."

I smiled ruefully. There wasn't much I could do about that.