→ girl candy

┍━━━━━»•» ☆ «•«━┑love me sweetly!we are girl candy!┕━»•» ☆ «•«━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━»•» ☆ «•«━┑
love me sweetly!
we are girl candy!
┕━»•» ☆ «•«━━━━━┙

girl candy was a south korean girl group under foreverfall entertainment. they debuted in 2014 and disbanded in 2019 and had multiple lineup changes.
all members include dong jia, kim bora, nakamura himeko, cho jiyeon, lee hyomi, kim chaebin and moon sarang.

content warning : this chapter includes bullying, harassment, slut shaming and implied transphobia

⋆ ★ they could have been so much. shame they had to be snakes.

girl candy made their debut on july 3rd, 2014 under foreverfall entertainment. during debut, they consisted of 5 members: jia, himeko, jiyeon, chaebin and sarang. in 2016, yomi joined the group. chaebin left in 2017, and in the same year, bora joined the group. sarang left the group in early 2019, only a few months before the groups eventual disbandment in september 2019.

girl candy's concept was cute and feminine, and especially romantic. their songs focused on falling in love, flirting, appealing to boys, all in a rather innocent way, at least in the beginning. their concept began to be more flirty when their youngest member, sarang, who was only 15 when the group had their debut, got older.

their fanbase was growing and people had high hopes for the group. however, scandals would strike the group soon. sarang was involved in not one but multiple dating scandals soon after the groups debut. she was accused to leading men on, going on dates or flirty texting them before ghosting them. a large part of girl candy's largely male fanbase grew resentful towards her and some other members.

a member then known as chaebin, now taejoon, left the group in 2017 "for personal reasons", causing controversy once again. when fans started analysing the groups dynamics as a response to the sudden departure, they thought to have discovered a possible reason: the groups relationship seemed off and fans soon began to accuse the members of bullying eachother, with little to no evidence most of the time. only when taejoon came out as a trans man, many of the fans settled with the fact that he simply doesn't fit into a girl group, now that he wasn't a girl anymore.