Chapter 33: Quid Pro Quo

A/N: Updates will no longer be daily, but every other day. 

CASTIEL

CASTIEL

PEOPLE COULD not resist any form of entertainment. Kung pagtatabihin mo ang isang news article at isang showbiz article, alin sa tingin n'yo ang mas tatangkilikin ng mga tao? Siyempre ang news dahil mas importante 'yon.

Of course, I was just kidding! Majority of people would always choose the entertaining showbiz update because it would not be as dark and depressing as the news. They wanted some positivity because their worlds were too dim. They wanted to be entertained because their lives were boring. They wanted to escape their harsh reality because the alternative was more enticing.

That was the principle on which I built the foundation of Oplan First Lady. Students would be enamored by the glitz and glamour of campus royalty. The love story of a cold president and a bubbly First Lady would not fail to capture their hearts. Kitang-kita na 'yan sa interes magmula pa noong mapabalitang may ka-date si Priam. He was a high profile personality here, though an unpopular one, but students became interested in his life.

Fast forward to six weeks later, our audience became more enthralled in their love story, now that Priam had more or less confirmed that they were already official. My CampuSite feed was flooded with photos and videos of him giving a bouquet of flowers to Fabienne in the auditorium. Sobrang dami ng likes, comments, and shares! It was going to be the talk of the town for days to come.

Although it was my idea for him to make such a grand gesture, I got to hand it to Priam for being able to execute it properly. Nag-rehearse pa nga siya sa USC office. Valeria played the role of Fabienne who sat in her swivel chair. Priam entered her cubicle and handed her the bouquet. I directed the whole thing—even how he must hide the flowers behind his back—just to make sure that he would do it right.

Nagbunga naman ang pagpaplano, pagsisinungaling (kay Fabienne na may meeting kami) at pagbili namin ng bulaklak dahil nakuha namin ang inaasahang resulta.

But this was just one front in the war that I was waging against certain forces in the university. Getting Priam reelected was a rung in the ladder that we had to step on. We were still far from reaching the top. We needed to be prepared. We needed to be on guard. Always.

That was why the next day, I had Val arrange a meeting with an acquaintance who was not really a friend of mine or Priam—even the USC itself. But we needed to talk to him and convince him to side with us on a particular matter. For the sake of the big picture.

"Mister Chair!" I stood, greeting the person who almost walked past our booth in this restaurant. Kahit alas-singko na at dismissed na ang afternoon classes, wala masyadong customers dito. It was one of the least popular restos on the third floor of the food hub. Nasa pinakadulo ang puwesto 'tapos kailangan pang mag-escalator para makarating dito. Lazy students would always prefer the ones on the second floor. Kaya nga pinakasikat ang Moonbucks dahil convenient ang location nito.

Play The Queen: Act OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara