ⁱ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ⁱ ᵐⁱᵍʰᵗ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡᵉⁿ ⁱⁿ ˡᵒᵛᵉ.

E n c h a n t e d   r e f e r e n c e.

𝓨ou picked the red lipstick to apply the finishing part of your makeup. When you were done, you put back the lipstick on the dressing table and sat on your bed, staring at yourself in the mirror.

Even though you were completely ready and it's been an hour since the ball had started, you still didn't have any motivation to join the party.

Your date ditched you at the last minute and now you didn't see any reason to go to the ball especially when you weren't interested in going to the ball in the first place.

But now that you were wearing your fancy dress and your hair and makeup were done, you didn't want all this to go to waste.

Your Dress

Your Dress

As you were making your way to the Great Hall, there was no one around. The hallways were completely empty like your dormitory.

But when you got closer to the hall, you could see a few girls sitting on the stairs, crying while their friends had an arm around them.

As you passed from girls, you could hear the sound of pop music. There was a low light set in the hall while a mirrorball was reflecting the light on the people that were dancing. There were glitters all over the floor and the tiny silver and golden magical lights were romanticize the whole place.

Your eyes scanned the room for a familiar face of a friend but all you could see was the strangers in fancy dresses.

Throughout the night, you made boring conversations with some people that you probably had never seen in the seven years of your studying at Hogwarts. You rejected the three people that asked you for dance since you weren't much for dancing.

Now you were sitting far away from others to give yourself a break from all those forcing laughter and faking smiles that you were giving to others.

Your eyes caught two boys that were talking to each other. One of them had red hair that was holding his drink and looked a bit drunk. The other one that had dark messy hair was leaning on the wall laughing at whatever the red-haired boy was saying.

You didn't know why but you couldn't take your eyes off the second guy. he looked familiar but you couldn't remember who he was.

As you were studying his face, his eyes caught yours. Your face immediately turned scarlet from embarrassment and you turned around, staring at somewhere else. 

A few moments later, you looked in the guy's direction which caught you off guard since he was still staring at you. 

You normally find it creepy when people would stare at you too much. It made you uncomfortable but even though the guy didn't have a smile on his face, his eyes were sparkling like his eyes were smiling at you. It seemed like he was trying to find out who were you. His eyes were showing his curiosity.