Her speech was cut off at his abruptly given command. Then he pulled her up to her feet.

They were facing each other now and she kept her eyes on the floor.

"Look at me."

She lifted her gaze and managed to meet his. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to her forehead.

 He leaned forward and pressed his lips to her forehead

"Now, let's go." He said, taking her hand firmly in his.

She had no choice but to go with him, aware of his wingmen following them.

Outside, she had thought that his guys would join them in his car but they took another car, leaving them alone in his car which was a sleek dark grey SUV.

She sat beside him, hands clasped together.

"Relax."He said as he started the car. "Get used to being around me because you'rewith me now."

She tried to relax, but it was hard

She tried to relax, but it was hard. She was nervous. To look convincing in her attempt at relaxation, she let her back rest on the chair.

He moved the car onto the campus roads. She could tell he was heading to the campus gates. From the rearview mirror, she observed that his wingmen were following behind them. She was not surprised. She guessed it was their job.

She clasped her hands together. Her major concern was the ring. She covered her left hand with her right, praying fervently that he would not notice. So far, he hadn't. But their date was not over yet.

He might notice at any time.

The car finally passed through security at the gate. She observed how the gatemen greeted him with respect.

A thought occurred to her as Donovan maneuvered the car through the streets of the island.

If she could get Hilda to bring her the ring at whatever boutique he was taking her, she would be free of the fear consuming her.

She took out her phone and began texting Hilda. Then she remembered that she didn't know what boutique they were going to.

"D." She said tentatively.

"Yeah."

"Could you tell me what boutique we are going to and the location?"

"Why?" He asked without sparing her a glance.

"I just want to know."

"Why?" He repeated as though she had not spoken.

"I just- I just want to know." She said in a louder voice, thinking that he had not heard her.

He spared her a glance.

"Why?"He repeated before returning his gaze to the road.

"Because I...I just want to know." She answered, her voice laced with uncertainty. Because now, she knew that he had heard her. And she didn't know why he was being difficult about it.

"Boma." He said without sparing her a glance again.

"Yes."

"I asked you a question."

"But I-I already answered."

"I don't believe your response. If you're scared that I'm taking you somewhere else other than the boutique, I understand. But you don't have to lie to me about it. Okay?"

"Okay, but that's not- that's not my reason."

"Fine. Ever shopped at Majestic?"

"No." She admitted. Majestic was the biggest mall on the island. Every store in there was pricey. She couldn't even dream of going there.

"That's where we're going."

"Okay. Thanks."

"You're welcome."

She immediately continued with her text to Hilda. She was about to send an SMS but realized she could be wasting precious airtime. Instead, she went online and checked if Hilda was on chat.

Luckily she found her online. So, she flashed her cell phone before chatting her up-

Hey, I need your help URGENTLY.

It took about five seconds before Hilda responded with- are u ok? Where are u? Are u with him?

Hence their chat began.

Boma

Yes. We had lunch. Now we are going to Majestic.

Hilda

I knew he was serious. What's the problem?

Boma

I 4got the ring on my bed. I am so scared he will find out

Hilda.

Y did u 4get? Gosh. This is serious. He will drill u. You've not heard of what happens to Point One babes caught without their ring?

Boma froze. She didn't even dare steal a glance at Donovan.

Her fingers were starting to shake, but she managed to continue.

Boma.

Pls, help me bring it to Majestic b4 he finds out. Please.

Hilda

I'm already heading to the room. I will be there soon

Boma

Please, hurry. Thanks.

Hilda

I'll be there. Try 2 keep cool.

Boma

Ok. will try.

After ending their chat, Boma was startled by Donovan's voice.

"I see you were chatting."

"Yes." She replied. She didn't see any reason why she should deny it.

"With who?"

"My friend and roommate."

"I see. Okay. Give me your hand, will you? Let me feel you while I drive." He said but he was already reaching for her left hand and folding it in his. His actions sent her heartbeat racing with mounting increasing anxiety.

 His actions sent her heartbeat racing with mounting increasing anxiety

***
Author Notes:
Who wants more?