~Prologue~

Civil padded around the cave, her tail trashing behind her. In the corner of the den, three small kits squeal loudly. Civil glanced at her kits with a unreadable expression, sitting down beside them. She looked at the small kits, sighing.

She heard paw steps come from the entrance as she felt a huge Tom sitting beside her,

"They look lovely, Civil." The Tom smiled at his kits. Civil shrugged,

"Just kits. Nothing special, except for this one." The black she cat nudged one of her kits towards her.

The red and black squealed as she did so.

"See, Redstone? He's kinda like- split in half," Civil pointed to her kit's face, how it was red on one side, deep, dark brown on the other. The stripes on the red side of his face were the brown, and on the darker side, was red. The kit also had red rosette like patterns on its back, striping of red along his tail.

Redstone hummed, nuzzling the soft kit.

"They're all perfect, what should we name them?" He asked her.

Civil thought for a moment. She wanted to her kits to have big, fearing names. She wanted them to seem strong, fearful to anyone they came across. She scanned each kit, wondering what name would be best for them. She tapped the bigger black kit, whom had a red tail, and a red blotch by his flank.

"Vengeance." Civil mewed, looking to Redstone. He smiled, nodding,

"Okay, can I name this one?" He pointed to the red kit, who had her legs fading from the red to black. Civil nodded,

"Go ahead."

Redstone hummed, before smiling.

"Io," he mewed. Civil raised a brow.

"..Io?" She asked, Redstone nodded.

Civil turned to the last kit, thinking. Suddenly, a large grey tabby stumbled into the den. Civil turned,

"Mother?" Civil mewed nervously. The large tabby mewed,

"Your father- he's- getting attacked by those clan cats again!" She mewed, her tail flicking nervously. Civil hissed.

"Redstone, I'll be back." Civil snarled as she ran out the door, the grey tabby a step behind her.

Civil trotted out, sniffing the air. Finally, she caught the scent of the Shadow Clan cats, rushing to follow it. The ran over, leaping at the yellow tabby that stood over her father.

"No cat shall ever harm him." Her voice snarled.

The Shadow Clan deputy called out, and they started to retreat. Civil turned to her wounded kin, grabbing his scruff as he dragged him back to the den.

She set him down, looking back to Redstone.

"What about the third kit?" Redstone asked, nudging the kit Civil described as special. Civil looked back to her father,

"I want to name him after my father." Civil mewed.

"Alright," Redstone nodded.

"His name is Vigilance."

//SORRY ITS SHORT And not edited it ahah Soz