Chapter Thirty

Milas rental for the week was a little beach cottage about half an hour from Ambers moms. Amber had quickly changed into her black denim jeans and Chelsea boots, a loose black tank top that opened at the sides revealing a sports bra, and her caramel locks giving her look the only colour it needed. She was casual and without being aware of it, incredibly attractive... a little on the dark and mysterious side herself, it was no wonder she had admirers but she could do without the murderess kind.

Ambers large car swung into the little driveway, a cute little cottage coming into view surrounded by colourful flowers, it was quaint and idyllic and oh it was Mila to a tee, right down to the large species of daisy's potted by the front door. Amber took off her shades and placed them on the neck of her top, letting them hang. She checked her phone "where are you going" from Detective Rosslyn who had clearly called her when the cop on their door had given her a heads up. Amber text her back "Milas" she wrote short and to the point.

Mila appeared in the doorway, her long dark hair hung loosely down around her shoulders, her lips were painted red, her large brown eyes lifting as she smiled. "Hi" she said with a little wave and Amber stepped fully out of the car, she shut the door behind her slowly and made her way to Mila apprehensively. "Mila" she acknowledged as she stepped up onto the porch. "Come on in" she gestured moving aside, her eyes trailing down Ambers torso as she passed her, finding her eyes lingering much too long on the flesh revealed by the open side of her tank top, she drew her eyes away, mad that Amber still pulled that intense physical attraction from her. No woman since had made her feel how Amber had, she was all consuming and years later even the scent of Amber as she passed by her made her feel things she shouldn't, reminding her of the scent of Ambers neck, a place she loved to kiss. "Stop it" she begged herself.

"Go into the kitchen I made some lemonade" Mila offered and Amber followed the hallway to the large kitchen that covered the back of the cottage, a mix of modern furniture and traditional brick walls. A table in the centre with a large jug of lemonade and two high ball glasses. Amber took the wooden backed seat opposite and pulled it out making a loud scraping sound across the tile floor. She sat down and Mila eased into the seat opposite, she looked pretty, all dolled up and TV ready almost, Amber looked around the room as if she expected a TV crew to pop out with a camera "is anyone else here" she asked and Mila smiled "I came with friends... they are out on the beach. I asked them for a few hours privacy" she replied eyeing Amber with her large deep brown eyes and releasing a sigh before she relaxed a little at Ambers sudden presence at her dining table, a moment she never thought she would see, especially since the reunion when they had all but said goodbye forever. Mila did love Amber, a fact she could not deny... even when she had a boyfriend, the boyfriend who was currently out on the beach, the actor she played opposite to on her TV show. Mila and Spencer had been a couple on and off for a while and just recently they were back on... Mila thought mostly a retaliation on her part to the feelings for Amber that began to return, she did like Spencer but god he missed some attributes that Mila found attractive... and he sure as hell was not alluring... not like the heavenly creature sat opposite her waiting for her to reveal what she invited her here for. Mila made a mental note to kick Spencer to the curb when they got home, this little teenage rebellion against her own heart had to end sometime, may as well be now.

"What am I doing here Mila" Amber asked getting a little irked by the silence, did Mila have something important to tell her or not.

Mila nodded "I was asked for an interview by Detective Rosslyn this week... I had no idea some of the things you and Sydney had been through and I was so sorry to hear what happened to you Amber, it sounded awful" she said looking to her sympathetically.

"It was" Amber replied and she took a sip of the lemonade sat beside her.

"Well it brought back up some stuff that I haven't ever told you... and it seemed a little similar, perhaps important to this case... I mean perhaps nothing but I felt I should share it anyway with Rosslyn. It kind of fit the profile"