Chapter 14

Charlie's POV

I woke up the next morning with two unread texts. Both from Louis.

The first message says

*Come over.*

The second message says

*Now.*

That was very demanding and rude.

*Not with that attitude,* I respond.

I lay my phone on the side table and decide to get up and shower anyways. Afterwards, I get dressed into grey sweatpants and a sweater that says "California Love" across it. I hope nobody judges my California shirt while I'm in New York. I throw my hair in a messed up ponytail, no attempt at brushing it, and slip on my converse.

Nobody is up yet, besides Connor but he already knows my whole situation with Louis. He is just spread across the couch and on his phone once I tip toe to the door, being sure to wake no one up.

"Where are you going?" Connor asks without even looking up to see if it's me.

"Out," I answer swiftly.

"With that Leo guy?' He questions. I didn't tell him much about Louis. Mainly because I don't know much. He probably would have called him by his last name if either one of us knew it. I heard someone say it I think but I wasn't paying attention.

"His name is Louis," I correct him "and yeah, he wants me to stop by his place. He keeps making me come over and I don't know why, he's confusing."

Connor nods and let's me leave out before anyone else wakes up.

I take a few steps away from my aunt's place before I spot a familiar face walking into a store. I decide to make a quick stop before running over to the hotel Louis stays at.

"Hey Jackson," I greet Jackson once I enter the familiar clothing store. He gives me his bright smile before jogging over to me.

"Hey Charlie, what's up?" He asks.

"Nothing, just decided to say hi before I went over to a.. friend's place," I answer him. It's weird calling Louis a friend. I don't even think of him as an enemy so I don't know what the hell he is. He's just kinda eh until I leave New York.

"You don't sound very excited to go," Jackson chuckles. I smile at how he caught my dreaded attitude.

"I'm not," I laugh.

"Well I get to go on break in about fifteen minutes. Maybe I can go with you to your friend's house? If she doesn't mind," Jackson suggests. I love how he turns a light shade of red during every conversation we have.

"Didn't you just get here though?" I ask, remembering that I saw him walk into the store minutes ago "and my friend is a he. Not a she."

"I offered to help a woman bring her bags to her car since she had so much stuff, so I had just finished doing that. And oh sorry," He explains to me and I smile at how sweet and gentleman like he is.

"Aww," I grin.

"Yeah yeah," he rolls his eyes and laughs "so should I be making plans for my break?"

"Uh.. clear your scheduale. You can come with me," I tell him and he smiles again which warms my heart.

"Awesome, see you in ten," He runs over to a few customers who looked a bit lost and I grab my phone from my back pocket. Louis hasn't responded to my attitude text but I'm just gonna give him a heads up about Jackson.

*I'll be a little late. My friend is tagging along if that's okay.*

I put my phone away hoping that Louis is okay with me stopping by with Jackson. He should be. He interuppted my plans by inviting me to his place just so he can neglect me and make me feel like shit.

I'm mad at myself for continuing to go everytime he asks. But I really want to know the real reason he invites me over when he hates me.

---

"Nice hotel," Jackson nods his head in approval. He is still wearing his work uniform but he has thrown a sweat jacket over it so he looks casual, his hair still laying on his head perfectly.

I notice Louis leaning up against the hotel building with wide eyes in shock. Why is he in shock?

"Why did I have to come here?" I succeed at trying to sound more annoyed than I actually am as Jackson stands beside me infront of Louis.

"More importantly, why did he have to come here?" Louis points to Jackson "who is he? You're boyfriend?"

"No he is not my boyfriend," I quickly tell Louis. I notice Jackson frown from the corner of my eye and I feel bad right after for shutting down Louis' thought of me and Jackson so quickly. I mean me and Jackson are in the process of dating so we're in that awkward friendship-relationship stage.

"Why is he here?" Louis asks me again and glares at Jackson.

"He wanted to tag along. I texted you and told you that but you seem to have a replying problem. Now tell me why I'm here because Jackson's break is only half an hour and we only have like twenty minutes left," I answer.

"I needed to work again and you have to be here," Louis rolls his eyes. I don't know why, I didn't ask to show up.

"Why must I be here? Tell me who is forcing you to hold me hostage while you work so I can fight them," I roll my eyes at Louis in response to his eye rolling.

"Do you guys always argue like this?" Jackson softly ask and I had forgotten he was here for a moment.

"I've known her for about two and a half weeks now, and we've already argued like 100 times," Louis exaggerates to Jackson. Me and Louis met 2 and a half weeks ago? It feels so much longer. Wow this boy can ruin a life quickly. Maybe that's his hidden talent.

"Do you two have some kind of history within those two weeks?" Jackson questions and Louis raises an eyebrow.

"Why do you care?" Louis asks Jackson.

"You could ask me that question a year from now and I would still say no," I laugh as I respond to Jackson's question and I notice him crack a smile, too. Louis seems to be uninterested.

"So we can wait out here until you leave," Louis rudely states to Jackson.

"Don't be an ass, Louis. When he leaves, I leave," I defend Jackson.

"Okay, then bye." Louis spits before turning to walk back into the hotel.

Well that was rude. To invite me so he can find another reason to hate me and leave.

I look down at the ground and I spot a spider near where Louis was just standing, slowly climbing up the building. This damn spider is just pissing me off now. It just can't seem to leave me alone.

But that's not what my mind is focused on. If Louis wants to play the attitude game then I'll play.

And we'll see who wins.

Hi! So Louis and Jackson have met. What's up with the tension though¿? Who could be forcing Louis to invite Charlie over just to work? So many questions! I was a bit shocked when I discovered that all these chapters was just a time span of two weeks since Charlie met Louis. Guess that's just the way it falls lol. Love you guys x
Vote pls ! xx
-xlouissbeanie