Wasn't Expecting That

Start from the beginning

     I made it to my cot, finishing the last bit of my roll and started undoing my boots, setting them off to the side once I was done. Man I'm tired. I sighed, not bothering to get undressed, just crashing on the cot beneath me. I laid down on my side, back facing the rest of the other cots.

       I woke up just as the morning alarm rang out. Hearing the others groan out as they do every morning. I sighed to myself, opening my eyes looking at the others as they slowly got ready. Zigzag looked back at me, noticing I was awake too.
"Time to get up, Red." I sighed once more closing my eyes and slowly got up.
"Man you must have been really tired if you crashed in your clothes." Armpit half joked. I gave him a small smile and rubbing my eyes.
"At least I'm ready before you guys." I joked back. I sat on the edge of my cot and put on my boots and took out my hair tie once I was finished. I flipped my hair down, messing with my hair before pulling it back up into a high messy bun. I stood up stretching and grabbed my water bottle, trudging by the front of the tent to wait for the others.
"Alright, let's go guys." X-Ray mumbled tiredly as we all made our way to get our breakfast and shovels. I stood behind Squid with Zigzag behind me and followed the lead of the others. I grabbed a shovel and tortilla, eating it quickly since I was starving.
"That's what you get for not eating last night." Squid joked. I faked glared at him.
"Shut up, I was tired." I mumbled finishing it as we started making our way to the digging site. I bobbed my head side to side as I mentally sung a song to myself, bored already. Fake it, until you make it. Change it, until you shape it. Baby, you don't need me, I don-
"Don't get lost in thought there, Red." I stopped mid bob and looked back at Zigzag who was smiling at me.
"...What?" I asked, wondering if the others had been talking before hand.
"Guess she already lost." 'Pit joked.
"I'm sorry I'm bored, I need music. I never thought I'd miss music so damn much." I whined. A few of the others laughed and we finally made it to our area.
"You can say that again. I could go from some nice hip-hop right about now." X-Ray sighed.
"Man, country is where it's at." They joked back and forth about which music was better as I laughed quietly to the others, and started digging. It was silent for a while. Nobody said anything, no joking. Just the sound of shovels hitting dirt. Everyone working quietly to their own rhythm.

"You've got to go and dig those holes..." My head shot up at the sudden voice.
"Man I'm tired." Caveman mumbled tiredly to himself. I looked over at Zigzag shocked for a moment.
"..With broken hands and withered soles, emancipated for all you know, you've got to go and dig those holes." I stared wide eyed, as the others made little comments.
"Man, you slow dude." The other's looked over, as I looked back at them shocked still, not able to get over the fact that Zigzag was singing. and sounded AMAZING.
"Oh that's what we're doing, we're singing." Caveman said looking over.
"Y'all know nothing 'bout this." X-Ray joked.
"Watch me, watch me." Caveman challenged. I smiled as we all gave each knowing looks.

"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)" We all stopped for a second and looked at Caveman as he nodded his head to himself as if putting something together.

"Two suits, two tokens in hand
I got no respect 'cause I'm the new man
Got shovel
Shoes full of sand
Check out the tag, the name's Caveman!" I laughed at this, as we continued to dig, trying to work to the newfound music.
"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh"

"Take a bad boy, make dig 5 five feet,
the dirt and these shovels will give us a beat,
okay you gotta find somethin' never found before,
if not, we'll just have to dig some more.
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na"

"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh" I smiled thinking of something.

"Your hands may blister,
your muscles stay sore,
you wanna break?
Knock on the Warden's door( UH huh, uh huh)" I heard some the others 'whoo' out at my part.

"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh (oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)" Every so often Caveman or X-Ray would challenge or call out each other.

"A-R-M-P-I to the T
What is that you smellin' dawg that's me
I don't take showers and I don't brush my teeth
That's all I do is dig holes, eat, and sleep."

"There is no lake
There is no shade
There is no place to hide
So just sit and wait to fry"

"You've got to go and dig those holes."

"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig uh oh oh(oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)"

"Take a a bad boy make him dig 5 five" X-Ray added
"Got my shovel, shoes full of sand." Caveman shouted.
"The dirt and these shovels will give us a beat." X-Ray added another.
"Check out the tag, the name's Caveman." Caveman topped.
"Wake up in the morning before the sun
Keep digging that hole til day in done." I added this time.
"You've got to go and dig those holes." I looked over at Zigzag, still not being able to get over his voice.
"Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)
Dig it uh oh oh
Dig it
Dig it uh oh oh(oh)" We all seemed to finished singing and stopped shoveling for a minute looking around at each other. We suddenly smiled at each other, cheering at each other's performance.

"Yo Caveman where'd you learn to spit like that?"
"Yo X I didn't know you could actually sing!" I laughed at them before turning again to Zigzag who was smiling at me.
"How the hell do you even sing like that?! You don't even sound the same!" I smiled brightly at him, more than likely red faced but way to amped to care or notice.
"Ooo looks like Zigzag's got a fan girl."
"Watch out, crazy fan girl coming through!" I glared back at the others, not able to stop smiling at Zigzag.
"Seriously though, that was awesome!" I yelled out throwing my hands up. I couldn't help myself and ran over to him, throwing my arms over his shoulder pulling him in a hug. He seemed to go stiff for a minute, making me almost panic before he wrapped an arm around me.
"You said you wanted music." He joked.
"Yeah but I wasn't expecting that!" I beamed up at him. He smiled down at me before shrugging.
"She got a point though, you don't even sound the same man." Magnet pointed out.
"Got a perfect country voice." Squid joked. Zigzag shook his head to himself. I gave him another quick hug without thinking before bouncing back to my spot.
"Yo, anyone gonna mention how good Red can sing?" Magnet said suddenly. I hummed looking at him with a raised brow.
"You do got a purdy voice there, Red." Squid smirked at me, causing me to roll my eyes. Smiling though nonetheless.
"Thanks. I'm surprised Armpit could sing." I chuckled teasingly at him. He looked at me shocked.
"Girl what you talking about? I'm amazing." He flaunted. We all laughed at him jokingly and went back to digging, still joking and laughing.