// e l e v e n //

chapter song: robbers - the 1975

"are we...really gonna do it?" i was contemplating, i was not sure if i was ready to do it. i knew he was dead serious about it, matty who was sitting on the edge of the bed didn't gave a respond for a brief moment, "liv, we already talked about this. if you don't wanna come then fucking don't" he seemed angry, he lighted up a cigarette and put it in his mouth. "n-no, i'll come. i'll do it." for you, i said hoping it'll make it a bit better. he did not responded to me anymore and slipped out of the room, what am i getting myself into? this will result in two possible outcome, will succeed or we don't--we get caught by the police and get arrested.

funny how i was a daughter of a former policeman and i'll turn out to be a fucking criminal once we committed this crime we're planning to do, the worst thing was...we were gonna do it at the shop where i work at. that's fucking sick! i don't think i'll have a face to show them after this. it was the only option left for matty as he said that i know how to access the cash register fast and how it was also an advantage for us--increasing our chance of doing this thing swiftly and smooth. if you think of it, he was right--i know my ways on the money because i work there, i just don't know and i'm not entirely sure if i can do it like he expects me to.

i closed my eyes as i released a heavy sigh out of me. i was stressing out about this too much that i needed something to unwind, and you already know what that is--i need to take some lines to calm my nerves and relax it even for just a brief moment before i return on my stress mode again. i'm completely not mentally and even physically prepared for this, i haven't done something like this before—i may have stolen some pounds on my mother's wallet but this was a way far different case.

i sat outside and grasp onto my hair tightly, have i lost my mind? why did i even agree to this? i'm entering trouble and i'm so aware of it but i couldn't get myself to step back and withdraw, my overthinking started to kick in. i curled my knees up to my chest and embraced it with my arms wrapped around, then i felt george sat beside me, "i know you're nervous and is skeptical about this—i am too—but this will turn out successful, don't think about it too much." he was lifting up the heavy feeling on my chest but sorry he was doing the opposite.

i didn't respond and continued to fiddle with shaky hands, george grunted as he got up and silently headed towards inside. this was a critical, dangerous and serious—i don't wanna fuck up or we'll end up in the dungeon of the blue army people. no one wants that obviously, pull yourself together, liv. you can do it. i motivated, hoping it'll make me feel good even just a little bit.

"we have to execute this plan well, okay? so me and liv will go inside, she'll access the cash register, get everything, run away to the car then we'll drive off. we will have to hurry everything so that we can't get caught if ever someone will call the police, it's too risky staying for much longer period of time." matty instructed us as we held a meeting on the living room, us formed into a circle while carefully listening to matty's words. "no guns, unless someone will fire first. guns will just be a threatening weapon to shut those people up, so we could do this flawlessly." he added as he took a quick glance at me before looking over at the others.

i saw ross stared at matty for a terse moment, probably was gonna say something but chose to be quiet instead. "what time do we head there?" george questioned as he took a bite of his sandwich, "by three in the afternoon, the cash register had probably got lots of contents in it by that time, right liv?" matty turned to me, waiting for me to agree, "y-yeah, mostly by that time the cash register's gathered large amount" i leaned back as i took a hit of my cigarette, trying to lure my attention elsewhere.

"we're settled then, i'm just gonna go outside." i got up and immediately made my way outside, kevin was in charge for the cashier today which means he'll be there when we finally do the plan later. i wanted to apologize before hand, my body impulsively stormed inside and went straight to kevin's counter, accidentally cutting in on his conversation with a customer. "kevin i'm so sorry, just know i'm so grateful and thankful for you—i'm sorry for cutting in—oh my god i love you." kevin was definitely puzzled from my cryptic speech, i did not wait for his response and fled outside.