viii. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝?

Start from the beginning

"Oh, is that a challenge?" Kie laughed, staring to fill up more cups. "Hope you're not a sore loser."

"I don't know, i'm pretty competitive." Sky shook her head. "But, so are you, right?"

Kie met her eye, holding back a grin. "I am."

Pulling her phone out, she laid it on the table, eight beers lined up for the both of them. "Five is my record."

"Got it." Skyler braced herself.

"Ready?" Kie asked, both of them grabbed one of the solo cups as her finger hovered over the button. "3..2..1-"

Skyler and Kie started to toss back beers, downing what they could as the clock counted backwards. Tossing the red solo cups backwards, they swallowed the terrible liquid as much as they could. The minute came down to ten seconds, beer dripped down the side of Skylers mouth, on her fourth one, tossing it down and grabbing the fifth one. She got almost half way through as the timer went off. "Shit!"

"Ouu, so close!" Kie laughed, holding her empty five. "What was all that talk? You can beat me?"

"Oh, shut up. I wasn't prepared." Skyler laughed, the two leaning into each other and laughing. "We'll need a rematch soon."

"Why, so I can beat you again?" Kie teased, pulling her head away from Skylers shoulder and realizing how close they were. "I'm down anytime."

"Me too." Skyler hummed, staring at her as she bit into her bottom lip.

Kie hesitated, blinking for a second, leaning in and kissing Skyler on the lips.

A sigh left Sky's lips as her back fell against the sand. Her and Kie hurried away from the bonfire into the cold night, getting far enough away from the bonfire to avoid any peaking eyes. Kie leaned ontop of Skyler, holding her face as she kissed her. Sky's hand pulled her waist down some, feeling her arch against her. It was cold out, but they were both on fire.

"Is this okay?" Kie pulled back to look down at her.

"Yeah." Sky hummed, pulling her down by the jacket so their lips met again. Kie's hands felt the skin of her exposed neck, the warmth she'd been radiating. Skylers legs locked behind her back slightly, pulling her down ontop of her again, her hands trailing up her back.

"Wait." Kie pulled back.

"Sorry." she apologized.

"No, no, not you." she shook her head, looking back toward the bonfire. "I think I hear yelling."

"Yelling?" Skyler sat up with an odd look. "From the boys?"

"Sounds like Sarah." she said in return, the pair standing up before hurrying through the sand, back to the large bonfire.

"You wanna start shit right now!" Topper yelled at John B.

"Oh my god." Kie and Skyler said on sync.

"Do I wanna start some shit?" John B laughed in his direction.

"They all know what happened last time!" Topper called his way while Sarah was still between the two.

"Just get out! Just go!" Sarah shoved John B back.

"Get out of here, Topper!" John B ignored her, shouting at the blonde.

"Hey, hey!" Kelce jumped between the two. "She don't want you anymore, bro."

"Shut the hell up!" John B shoved him back.

"What you gonna do, John B, kill me like you killed Sheriff Peterkin?" Kelce mocked him.

"Are you kidding me?" Skyler yelled over the shouting around them. John B spun around and hit him in the face. Topper went after him this time, the pair falling into the sand together.

"Move, move!" Kie yelled at the ones around her, pulling Skyler with her as they got through the shoving crowd.

"Get off!" a dark haired girl shouted, shoving Sarah as she fell off the small hill.

"Hey!" Skyler called, shoving her backwards.

"Move, bitch." Kie glared at her, also shoving her as Skyler jumped down to help Sarah up.

"Who's side are you on?" the girl yelled at Kie.

"She's my friend!" she defended herself.

"You good?" Skyler helped the blonde up. "I'll grab you a beer for your knee."

Skyler grabbed a can, giving it to Sarah to hold on her scrapper knee.

Pope and JJ went to John B's rescue, pulling Topper away from John B as he pressed his elbow into his neck. The trio of boys hurried off, Kie looked back to Skyler as she gave her a small nod, indicating they'd talk later.

"Come on." Skyler pulled Toppers arm. "What the hell?"

"I didn't start it." he defended himself, the trio going back to Toppers car. "Couldn't just have one night without some shit going on. I mean, these Pogues, they just-they need to make up reasons for why they don't have nice things. That's all I can come up with."

"Topper, just drop it." Sky mumbled from the back, looking out the window for any sight of Kie.

"I get its exciting and all, the Pogue life, the adventure, but after a while, you just wanna live a normal life." he tried to reason, mainly focused on Sarah, but apart of him was talking to Skyler too.

Sarah sniffled. "Yeah. You can't say you care about someone and then treat them like that... and move on in a day."

kylie speaks

THEY ARE SO COMFORTING