iv. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐎𝐱𝐲𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐧

John B was arrested the next morning, Lenora, Skykers mom, rushed to his rescue to help

John B was arrested the next morning, Lenora, Skykers mom, rushed to his rescue to help. Sky hurried to the court house to find her friends, coming across Kie first. "Kiara!"

She turned, seeing her running from her car. Kie looked stressed and panicky. "Hey."

"My moms with him, she's gonna try to fight this." Sky spoke, giving her a hug in front of the court house. "I don't know what's gonna happen though. Where's everyone?"

"Inside already, I just needed a second." the girl nodded her head as Skyler kept an eye on her. "This just doesn't feel real."

"It shouldn't have to be." the girl said back with a sympathetic look. "Come on, let's get in there and support John B."

Kie nodded, letting Skyler link their arms as they walked in and joined the trio. Skyler grabbed Sarah's hand when they sat down, waiting for the judged to speak, John B sat with Skys mom upfront.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section fourteen, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty." the woman spoke up as John B stood in his orange jumpsuit. Skylers heart fell, her mom turned back with a sympathetic look in her eye.

"Your honor, he's seventeen!" JJ called out as he stood up. Chatter escaped over the court room as the judge tried to reason, "Hey, John B, we're gonna figure it out."

"John B! John B!" Sarah called as she rushed past the crowd of people. The deputy held her back suddenly.

"Stop! Don't touch her!" Kie said as she got Sarah back.

Skyler rubbed both their shoulders. "Cmon, we can't help him from here. We need a plan."

"Is this a joke, are we in hell?" Kie spoke in disbelief as the crowd of people began to speak on the matter of how justice was served and that John B had deserved it.

"I should have never come home." Sarah cried as she held Skylers hand.

"They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it." JJ added in as they grouped together.

"I'm sorry, I really thought my mom could help." Skyler apologized in guilt.

"Not your fault this place is bullshit." Kie shook her head.

"Sorry for what you and your family have gone through." Hugh, a man that worked at the Country Club, apologized to Ward as he walked out, "Thank god the system works."

"Can you please shut up?" Kie snapped as she walked forward, speaking loud enough for them to turn and look, "Of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you."

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide." Hugh said back as he stuck his hands in his pockets.

"He shouldn't even be in court! You should, cause you're a murderer!" Kie shouted as she pointed at Ward with a harsh glare, "You have a lot of nerve showing up to court."