vii. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

"I still can't believe you're related to Denmark Tanny

"I still can't believe you're related to Denmark Tanny." John B spoke in shock as they all crowded under a deck as the rain started to sprinkle. "Are we in the presence of a royal?"

"A king?" JJ asked in an accent. "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill! We're not worthy!"

They all bowed to Pope as he waved them off. "All right, everybody relax. Can we relax, please?"

"Should have done a 23andMe early on." Skyler hummed, sipping her drink.

"Or Ancestry.com." Kie hummed in agreement from next to her.

"Relocate to Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah hummed with a nod.

"I'm with that." JJ agreed.

"How soon can we move in?" Kie looked toward Pope in questioning.

"Cause I don't have a place to stay." JJ agreed.

"Yeah, fuck a Kook house when I can live with a famous man like the Pope Hayward." Skyler exclaimed with her hands. "What are the chances in that?"

"Sky not knowing the chances of something?" Sarah blinked in disbelief. "Woah, she must really be amazed."

"I don't have a place to stay either." Kie pointed out. "Bunk beds?"

"Bunk beds." JJ agreed.

"I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent." Pope cut in as he scratched the side of his face. "It had the wheat symbol on it. That must mean it had something to do with the Royal Merchant."

"Yeah. Something seems fishy." JJ agreed.

"But if we find the cross, we can split it like we were gonna split the gold." Pope spoke up.

Skylers eyes widened. "Wait, what?"

"Oh, god. Y'all didn't tell her?" John B looked in disbelief.

"Wasn't sure how long she was gonna stick around." Kie defended herself with risen hands.

"Tell me what?" Skyler shook her head.

"Okay, look, we'll inform you soon." JJ waved her off.

"So, you've just been walking around helping us do all kinds of crazy shit, having zero clue what the end goal is?" John B gave a snort in her direction.

"Oh, fuck off. I can't help it I was getting lonely." Skyler defended herself, throwing a piece of ice his way.

"And live happily ever after?" Limbrey spoke as she walked toward the group, Renfield holding the umbrella over her head.

Pope walked forward, Renfield pushed him back. "You assaulted my father."

"Oh, I didn't assault anybody." the blonde woman shook his head.