"France," Jem said sharply, the caring voice he used to talk to Kellan was gone in an instant as he pulled out the plane ticket pay stubs and laid them on the table. "Once Kellan is back home and safe you'll get the address where they're staying."

"That wasn't part of the deal," the giant scoffed, a harsh glare settled on his face but the one Jem gave was enough to make his waver.

"I'm not putting all my chips on the table before the game is over. Once Kellan is back home and safe, I'll tell you where the others are." His voice was calm but final as his grip on Kellan's shoulder tightened.

Jem pulled Kellan out of the chair before pushing him behind Dev, treating his best friend like a human shield.

The giant looked like he wanted to argue but decided against it when Barrett's hand gripped the gun at his side.

"Or we could say fuck the deal and kill all of you right here and now," he said. "I promise I'm a damn good shot. We'll be out the door and on the way back home before your body even hits the floor."

The giant's jaw clenched as he hand clasped onto Jem's bicep to keep him from running after Barrett if he started leaving.

"Fine," he spat out. "But Elijah will have your head if lying."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Jem agreed as he took a step closer to the big man.

My fingers itched to reach through the screen and pull him away. How hard could it have really been for me to just go with them and flash a badge the second they had Kellan? They would have all ran for the hills the second I got the word 'police' out of my mouth.

"Relax," Maverick whispered, his eyes still glued to the screen, still never blinking. "This isn't the hard part. Take a breath before you pass out."

I thought he was talking to me before I heard Andrew exhale slowly beside me; maybe he was talking to both of us, hell he might have even been talking to himself. He didn't look quite as nervous as us but his breaths were coming our just as shallow as ours.

"Now I'm sure your boss is a busy man so lets not keep him waiting," Jem said a bit too smugly as he nodded towards the exit.

If the giant suspected anything of his enthusiasm about getting kidnapped he didn't let onto it. He only fastened his grip and began stalking away.

Dev and Barrett walked side by side with Jem, Kellan still being guarded by them in case something went down.

Outside the bar, the world was asleep. No cars sped down the road, no one walking along the sidewalk, no birds or bugs bothered to make noise. The silence was deafening.

"Remember the spoons Barrett," Jem called over his shoulder as he was led to beat up old car. "We both know I'm not above it."

Barrett didn't bother saying anything back to him. The camera couldn't see it but I could only assume they were getting in their own car and before long, they were speeding away.

The giant watched as Jem's car disappeared down the road until he nodded to the trunk before lifting it open.

"Get in."

"In the trunk? I'm not some mutt you picked up on the side of the road. I won't get fleas in your car, I promise."

Jem let out a pained sound as the camera shifted. He kneeled to the ground to catch his balance before looking up at the giant, his blood smeared across the man's fist.

"Get in," he spat out again.

"Have it your way," Jem sighed. The camera moved as Jem shimmed into the small opening that should never fit someone his size or build.