It's like everyone else dissolves into thin air. 'It's not like you have time anyway.' I reply, trying to keep my voice steady. 

'You guys are busier than usual.' Celine chimes in, probably realizing that I'm having a hard time covering up. 'Everything needs to get back on track, Cel.' Rio answers, turning to her entirely. 

I almost gasp for air, feeling like I can finally catch my breath because he's not looking at me, and focus on Celine. 

'I thought you had it all under control?' She taunts, making him tense for a second. She's doing it on purpose and I can't help but enjoy it. 'When has he ever had any control over anything?' 

Isabelle's eyes widen before she tries to hide her laughter by coughing and Leon's grinning as well. 

'You really want to go there, Valentina?' Rafael asks, turning back to me. 

I don't feel the same shame I felt earlier and tilt my head a little. 'There's always someone messing with you, is there not?' 

A muscle in his jaw twitches as he inhales slowly, 'There is.' 

'So I'm just stating the facts.' I continue, smiling a little, 'You can't have control if there's always someone messing with you.' 

'She's right, Adriano. You can never have complete control.' Leon joins in, trying to defuse the tension a bit. 

It looks like Rafael is willing to jump across the table to lunge himself at me. And that's the last thing we'll need right now. 

'As long as I have enough control, everything should be fine. Now get to work.' He's trying to dismiss them all so that we can talk about whatever this was, but it's impossible. 

It's Celine's day off and Isabelle doesn't work for him, so they don't have to leave. 

'I have at least another hour and I'm waiting for Neveah.' Leon answers, filling his glass with some water before taking a sip. 'Fucking hell.' 

Rio gets up from his seat and walks past me, his scent trailing behind as he walks out of the room. 

'You sure know how to piss him off, little one.' Leon chimes, smiling at me. 

'I-' 'We're ready!' Victoria shouts as she runs into the room. She's wearing a cute beige dress with puffy arms. 'You look adorable!' 

'She chose it herself.' Veah says as she walks in as well. They're practically matching. 

'You look gorgeous.' Leonardo says as she walks over to him, giving him a quick kiss before she turns to me. 'Ready to go?'

'We have to wait on-' 'I'm here, we can go!' Brandon shouts as he runs into the room and tries to fix his hair. 

'What happened to you?' Neveah curiously asks, taking Victoria's hand as we all make our way into the hall. 'I did something not so child-friendly.' 

'Be careful and text if you need anything.' Leonardo says as we make our way outside. 

'We will. Have fun with work!' 

I close the door behind me and turn around to see a black van waiting outside. 

The window slowly rolls down and I have to pinch my eyes a little to see who it is because he's standing so far away. 

'Your transport to the mall is here.' Kai chimes overly excited. 

Isabelle opens the door and we all get in, thanking Kai for taking us to the mall. 'Where were you at lunch?' Brandon asks, making Kai shrug. 

'I wasn't hungry.' I catch him glancing at Celine for less than a second, but she doesn't notice. 'I also had to get this car.'