1| Wicked

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Wicked

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 1: Wicked (Evie's POV)

"Thank you," I grinned at the taxi driver, paying the amount in cash before I climbed out of the cab in front of our very own Volkov empire. Making my way through the parking lot, I moved towards the revolving door, scanning my ID before I walked through and entered the main lobby. 

"Evie!" 

Halting in my steps, I changed directions and went to the main front desk where our receptionist, Lucy was sitting as per usual. "Hey," I smiled, setting my arms on the table. 

"Hey. You're early today," she chuckled. 

"My Mom called and woke me up earlier for something. What's up?" 

She held out a granola bar, offering me one out of the two she had. 

"No thanks," I shook my head. "Is anybody in yet on our floor?" I asked, glancing at the elevator. 

"Yeah. Mr. Nate came in already and Mila and Dahlia are already there, I think." 

"All right. Well then, I'm going to head upstairs as well. I'll see you around, bye." 

"Bye." 

"Evie!" came a loud yet tiny scream. 

I blinked in confusion before spinning around to face the entrance. "Uh oh," I laughed, watching as Leo came stumbling forward attempted to run, his tiny backpack on his shoulders bouncing with each leap he took. 

He reached me in seconds, his grin intact, and hugged my legs tightly. "Hello!" he greeted, tilting his chin up to look at me. 

"Hello, what are you doing here?" I asked, ruffling his hair before reaching down and picking him up. 

He hugged me immediately, giggling. 

"Leo sir!" Mr. David came rushing in behind him, spotting me when I waved him over. He slowed down to a walk, catching his breath and huffing in front of me. "Goodness. If Mr. Nate found out you ran out the car like that, Leo sir, I'd be killed." 

"What happened?" I asked, setting Leo down. 

He grabbed onto my hand, only being able to wrap it around my fingers. 

"He ran out of the playschool as soon as I dropped him off. He demanded to see Mr. Nate." 

I looked down at Leo. "Did you really do that?" 

He nodded with a cheeky laugh before taking his backpack off, setting it carefully against the front desk before proceeding to run in circles around me. 

"He just didn't want to go," Mr. David shrugged, then laughed softly. "Good morning, Ms. Evie." 

"Good morning," I laughed softly before grabbing a hold of Leo and kneeling in front of him. "Leo."