5

You snuggled into her crimson red fur, suddenly a poof is heard, pink mist surrounds all of you, startling you for a bit. Pulling away from everyone only to witness Mei in her true form but her hair is brightly colored orange to red. You gasp along with the others at her new look, "Whoa." Priya was the first to speak, bringing a hand up to cover her mouth, staring at her in awe with a smile. "Mei!" 

"You're you!" Miriam then approaches the red-hair, turning her around to observe the fascinating locks of hers, "and you look amazing." mouth still agape in shock, resisting her hands to touch it. Abby watched from the background also processing things, and trying to find the panda.

"Bright orange faded to red, it's fantastic," you commented, also surrounding her with the tall one. Mei put a hair behind her ear as she heard your and Miriam's compliments, considering that her mom didn't say anything about it. "It suits you!" 

"Red looks so good on you," Priya approved, nodding her head in agreement. The pink one whine as she pushes the twin-braided girl aside, already missing the panda. You stood next to Priya's left, after fanning about her new look.

"Is it gone?" she asked with wide eyes, darting at her friend attempting to find the panda. Her heart-shaped earrings swing as she moves.

"For now," Mei answered, "but if I get too excited, it'll come right back-" her words come to a halt when the short one pinches her cheek, still wanting to get the panda back. "Ow!" you wince at their interaction, biting her bottom lip. Mei pushes her arm away with an angry look, "Abby, what the heck?!" the red-haired paused, glancing at her hands in confusion. "Something feels, different." you watch as she looks at Abby, gesturing her shoulder with a pat. "Abby hit me."

Without any hint of hesitation, the said girl punches Mei but hits her face instead. You face-palm at them as Mei flop to her floor, you knew Abby hit her in the face intentionally for a better chance of the panda appearing. Peeking behind your hand, your conjecture was confirmed when Abby looks at the red hair with an excited face. 

"Oh my gosh!" Mei stood up, "I stayed calm," she stated with a grin, finally happy that she can control the panda. Abby on the other hand had a frown on her face for not seeing the panda again, "Something about you guys, like, neutralize the panda." your face soften at her words.

"aw, it's our love," said Miriam, tilting her head closer to you, forming her hands into a heart shape, with you mimicking it agreeing with the tall one. 

"we're like a warm and fuzzy blanket," Priya added, making a sleeping pose. Miriam notices your hands and makes a half heart nudging you a bit to inform you to make the other half, which you did, also posing with the Indian-Canadian. 

"Just like newly baked muffins," You continued while being squished with the two, a halfhearted smile plastered on your face.

"yeah," the pink one weakly agreed, still saddened about not releasing the panda, giving Mei a thumbs up.

"This means, I can have my room back," she said, before gasping in realization, "I can have my life back!" throwing her arms in the air.

Endless to say, you're happy that she's finally back on track from Miriam's description of Math class, a loud poof is heard before they are met with pink mist, you can already tell it was chaos. You felt Miriam grab you by the shoulders, as she processes her plan.

"no, even better," shaking you and Abby lightly, as she tried to contain her excitement, launching from her spot making you and Abby push back a bit, with Priya gently holding your shoulder for support, "You can come with us to 4-town!" The tall one seizes Mei's arm, turning her to face you guys, you and the other's agreeing at the back as the red hair only hums in puzzlement. "This could be our only chance to see them together!" peeking back at you guys, "we're all asking our parents tonight."