• Chapter 7 •

"You're really soft... But, I bet your lips are softer. Maybe one day, when you feel more comfortable... I'll get to try them."

Those words played through Izuku's mind endlessly for about thirty-two hours by now.

His memory constantly replayed the look Katsuki gave him when they were inches away from one another.

The feeling of his lips against his freckled cheeks. He always wondered what it would feel like to be kissed by Katsuki, and it was better than he could ever imagine.

But it was also weird for him. He'd never been kissed before. Especially by someone he'd been crushing in for so long. Not that he'd ever had a crush before either.

He made sure to be the first to leave the sleepover before anyone, especially Katsuki, woke up. And of course, to his surprise, the blond was the first person he saw when he woke. Yet another Sunday morning after a party where he found himself cuddling with Katsuki.

But after he left Ashido's apartment, he stayed in bed for the rest of his Sunday.

His Sundays usually consisted of studying for classes he had the next day, rereading or catching up on the All Might manga, or watching new episodes of anime.

But nope. Katsuki and his perfect lips kept Izuku from being able to do anything he wanted. All he could do was lie in bed, staring at the wall next to him as he contemplated the whole thing.

This makes no sense! Why would Katsuki, of all people, kiss me!? It had to be a prank! Or some terrible jokes! His friends must've made him do it. It seems like something they'd pull! Maybe he figured out I liked him... In that way... And he decided to tease me or make a joke out of it! It makes absolutely no sense! There's no way someone like him would seriously do something like this! It has to be a cruel joke or something!

The same thoughts plagued his head all the way into Monday morning, which was time for him to head to class. Only, for once, he didn't.

"Hey, Izuku, we gotta go. Morning class is starting soon. Usually, you're the one trying to wake me up." Ochaco joked.

"I-I can't go... I don't... Feel well." Izuku softly spoke.

"Not feeling good? How so? Headache. Tummy ache? An ache of some sort?"

"N-No. Nothing like that... At least I don't think..."

Of course, he wasn't really sick. Lovesick, perhaps. But, he couldn't tell Ochaco the truth. It would become a mess of her jumping and yelling and exclaiming nonsense of 'Izuku had a boyfriend!'. He loved her enthusiasm, but he didn't want to make a scene at this point.

"Here, lemme feel your forehead." Which Izuku followed, "Oh, woah, you're super warm! You probably got a fever!"

Ochaco was correct about Izuku's body heat, but it wasn't a fever. He had a case of the honey glows. It went from his cheeks until it expanded on every surface of his face.

"Want me to stay here and take care of you?" Ochaco offered, loosening the grip she had on her backpack.

"N-No. I'll be fine. I just need rest." Izuku felt bad. He wasn't truly sick, but then again, he was tired. Sleeping the previous night proved to be difficult as his mind wouldn't shut off the constant projection of daydreams of Katsuki. Even if he were to go to class, he'd definitely be struggling with focus.

"Alright, if you say so. I'll inform the professors. Just call or text me if you need something, okay?"

"Will do. Thanks, Ochaco." Izuku sheepishly smiled.