• Chapter 1 •

Izuku was on his way back to his apartment. He shared a room with his best friend, Ochaco Uraraka.

It wasn't something he planned to, after all, why would a socially awkward nerd share a room with anyone? But, this was due to the fact that the college didn't have enough rooms for everyone, so they ended up becoming roommates.

Their way of transportation was different, however. Ochaco would often get rides home from her boyfriend, Tenya Iida. Meanwhile, Izuku took the buses that were provided by the college.

It wasn't his favorite way of transportation but he didn't have enough money for a car and he didn't want to be a bother to Tenya and Ochaco, despite the fact that they love him like a little brother.

In order to ignore all the college students on the bus, he'd put earphones into his ears to play a bit of music while he pulls out a manga from his backpack to enjoy a bit of reading. It definitely helped to pass the time. It wasn't much of an issue as no one would really even notice an average-looking guy like him.

However, Izuku heard a commotion go on from across the bus that caused him to look up from his book for once.

He couldn't believe his eyes.

Katsuki Bakugo was sitting across from him.

How!? Why!? Those were the words that exploded off in Izuku's head, the pages of his manga rustling in the palms of his shaky hands, seeing the blonde sitting with crossed arms, spread out legs, and an annoyed look on his face at the girl that sat next to him.

"What are you doing on the bus, Bakugo?" The girl wrapped her arm around him, but he pushed it away from him.

"My car broke down, that's all. Now leave me the fuck alone." He said in a stern tone.

The girl rolled her eyes, clicking her lips as she went back to her original seat.

Katsuki sighed, glad that she was gone, and averted his eyes to what was in front of him, his grumpy face softening a bit when he saw a familiar freckled face looking back at him.

Izuku blushed, quickly hiding his face in his book. He was in a complete panic now.

Crap! He caught me looking at him again! This keeps happening! But why!? Does he think I'm weird? I-I don't mean to look at him so much! Sometimes my gaze just falls onto him without me realizing it! A-Although, sometimes it is definitely on purpose but h-he doesn't know that, right?

Izuku trembled in his seat just thinking about all the possibilities.

It's been a while. He's probably not looking at me anymore, right?

Izuku carefully lowered the manga from his face, enough for just his eyes to peek through to make sure Katsuki's attention was off him, only to see that the blonde was smiling at him, causing Izuku to hide again.

Why is he still looking!? A-And what was that look for!? He had such a scary grin on his face! He probably does think I'm weird!

He then heard the blonde let out a quick, low chuckle.

Ah! He's laughing at me! He's definitely making fun of me in his head! This is just great! Why did he have to get on the same bus as me!?

Just as Izuku was about to have a full-on anxiety attack, he heard his stop get called out, causing him to get up and leave as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, the blonde watched as he left, resting his smirking face into the palm of his hand.

Cute.

"Hey, you're finally here!" Ochaco turned towards the door once she heard it creak open by her roommate.

As he entered the room towards his bed, she noticed how red and shaken up he was, "What happened?"