Eight.

➶ 。˚ ° ➶ 。˚➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚ ➶ 。˚
(𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐘)
CHAPTER EIGHT-----

Iskra had no sense of self-preservation when it comes to the people she loves

Iskra had no sense of self-preservation when it comes to the people she loves. The girl would not hesitate to put her life on the line the second a part of her family needed her to.

That's why the second she found out the slightest clue to where Kate might be she took off. Away from the safety of the trailer in Norway.

And that's why now she stood unwaveringly in front of the woman who had willingly given her up to the red room.

Her biological mother.

Iskra never wished to see this woman's face, or how much she actually looked like her. She didn't want to find the similarities in their complexion and eyes.

Iskra wanted to pretend that her hair wasn't dyed the same red as her mama, that it was rather her natural color.

"ничего не скажешь?" (Won't you say anything?) Iskra's hands were clenched by her side, as she attempted to keep her powers at bay.

"ты никогда не будешь моей матерью," (you will never be my mother) she muttered bitterly, "I know you have Kate. где она?" (Where is she?)

"She's safe for now." The woman shrugged, "I would ask what's that supposed to mean, however, I've dealt with this long enough that it means I'm going to have to kick your ass to get my girlfriend back."

"You do this often, then?"

Iskra pressed her lips together in a thin line, "More often than I'd like to...I would much prefer, I don't know, peace? Maybe just a single day where I don't have to deal with all of this shit."

"Well, that's not the life you chose, now is it?" Iskra frowned, "The life I chose was living far away from the city with my moms. I wanted to be normal. Unfortunately for both you and I, I'm not so normal."

The purple energy formed between her hands, anger and hurt being the only emotions she was feeling at the moment, "ничего из этого не справедливо!" (None of this fair)

"I'm sorry that you feel this way little Iskra," the woman's condescending tone just made her angrier. 

"I hate to even ask you this, but who the hell is my father? I'd like to know before I kick your ass."

"Why don't you ask your girlfriend?" Iskra's face fell, and her step faltered, "What?"

"Did she not tell you? She found your birth certificate."

"You're lying." Iskra shoved purple energy in Eloise's direction, "Am I lying though?"

"Kate wouldn't keep this from me! She knows how long I've been looking for this. She wouldn't do that...она бы этого не сделала." (She wouldn't do that)

Iskra anticipated each of Eloise's movements blocking and countering the hits. "I have more training than you Iskra. You'll never win this."

"You shouldn't underestimate me...or the people I love."

"Kate. Kate, that was your signal." She muttered into the earpiece. "I'm still trying to get out of the restraints- sorry"

"I guess I'm alone on this one then.." Iskra muttered, sending a blast of purple energy in Eloise's direction. "Aren't you always alone, I mean everyone you know is either dead or busy. No one cares about you Iskra...No one cares enough to even be here to help you. The media wants you dead or behind bars, and maybe that's even where you belong."

Iskra's eyes glowed the deep shade of purple, she did not want to hear these things out loud, she already heard them enough from her own mind. "That might be true...but at least I'll always be better than you. At least I know how to love."

An explosion rang out sending both Eloise and Iskra flying backward. The redhead's ears rang, the hearing aids no longer helping her, "Shit- Kate, a little warning would've been nice!"

"Sorry!" Kate exclaimed, not that Iskra heard her, "Ok, so here's how is gonna go," the red head pushed herself back to her feet, "I'm gonna send you right where you belong, behind bars. You can either fight without words since I can't exactly hear you, or you can come willingly. Your choice."

A bullet sped towards Iskra, "Ok then. I guess we have our answer. Kate, call for backup."

Bullets flew back and forth in the room, mostly consisting of cement walls and cement floors. Iskra deflects the bullets, with the purple sparks. Kate shot several different types of trick arrows, mini explosions firing in the space.

It was going to be a longer night than Iskra hoped.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HELLO, HELLO! I KNOW, A NEW CHAPTER SHOCKING!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED!
-VIA <3

HELLO, HELLO! I KNOW, A NEW CHAPTER SHOCKING!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED!-VIA <3