Late night.

SORRY FOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING

' knock knock'
It's 12:34.
" Come in" My gaze shifted to the door, my pencil still rested in my hand.
" Hey Elsa. " Another orphan, a teen boy, his black hair strands stuck out in every direction, his jacket draped over his slim body.
" hey..."
" Max.. that names Max " He said with a unreadable expression.
" hey Max, can I help you?" The growing of the only source of light came from the lamp on my desk.
" I was just seeing why you were up" Max didn't really seem to want to meet my eyes.
"Home work" quick and simple. The only reply I really needed to say to make him understand. " how about you?"
Yet the only reply I got from him was a quick shrug, his eyes staring into the dark purple room.
" doesn't really matter " my eyes took a look at the clock as he said that.
" it's pretty late" no shit Elsa.
" don't talk about us.." his voice turned serious.
" what?" Confusion spread in my mind.
" this place. Don't tell people that we are orphans, stuck in this place"
" why not? Either way I have no intention of telling" I replied, leaning on my chair.
" somethings the world doesn't need to know "
A silence grows between us, yet it's like my stomach eats away at me, telling me to say something.
" goodnight " before a response could escape my lips, the door closed.
" goodnight.. I guess?" Closing the English book, I stand. My finger reaching to press the off switch on my light. Then the darkness immediately ate away the light. It took a moment for my eyes to make out the outlines of the room. A dark maze to my bed. I climb onto the open sheets and detangle my hair to let my head rest from a tugging pain. Soon after, I let slumber become my new friend.

Breakfast was different, all the teens and children gathered around the table, food on our plates. It wasn't really silent, it was more like they were all eager to keep talking. I saw max with his head phones, paying attention to only his food, maybe he's just not talkative? His brown hair was messy, yet he didn't seem to mind. I finish my breakfast and head out.

As my journey to school continued, my eyes wonder to a familiar sight. I head over to a homeless man. Since my pocket money just started, I dig my hand deeply into my jean's pocket, searching for anything I could find. The wrinkled old man watched with eyes of hope as his hands trembled. My fingertips gripped the coins and two dollar notes and gave them to him.
" god bless you" I said, I knew how he felt. I was in his position once.
" thank you" his weak voice called out.
" I'm sorry that's all I have." I nod my goodbye, and continue on my way.

This happened for a couple days, giving him all the money I had on those days until one day, he just wasn't there.. hm. I wonder what happened to him. Where he is. I just hope he's okay.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hopefully he's okay.

~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry it's short