The Moment of Truth

Start from the beginning

That evening Silas sneaks to Arthur's chambers to find him in his armour aswell "Wait, you're going after Merlin too?" he asks

That evening Silas sneaks to Arthur's chambers to find him in his armour aswell "Wait, you're going after Merlin too?" he asks. "Of course, the village needs help." Arthur nods. Silas nods "Let's go." he tells his brother. "Woah, you're not coming." Arthur tells him. "So while you and Morgana are gone, for who knows how long, I'm going to be here on my own with Father?" Silas asks. "Fine, come on." Arthur sighs, leading his younger brother out of his chambers. The two of them head down to the stables and saddle up a horse each, Silas picking out his favourite horse Clover. They lead the horses out quietly before jumping on and riding into the woods, in the same direction Merlin, Hunith, Gwen and Morgana went earlier that day.

Silas and Arthur catch up with them and find everyone asleep except Merlin who obviously heard their horses. Merlin wanders the trees nearby with his sword held up, Arthur motions for Silas to be quiet before sneaking up on Merlin and pointing his sword against his back "We'd ask you for money, but we know you don't have any." he tells their friend and servant. "Arthur!" Merlin exclaim swing round and making the brothers duck as the sword swings near their heads. "Put the sword down, Merlin. You look ridiculous." Arthur tells him taking the sword off him and leading Marlin and Silas back to camp. They sit down and Merlin starts the fire again "How much further is it?" Silas asks. "Er, maybe a few hours." Merlin responds. "How many men does Kanen have?" Arthur asks. "Erm, I'm not sure. I think, from what my mother said, maybe as many as forty." Merlin tells them. "You should get some rest. It's going to be a long day tomorrow." Arthur says. "Thank you. Erm, I know you didn't have to come. Either of you." Merlin tells them. "Get some sleep." Arthur responds. Silas shakes his head "You're our friend Merlin, of course we were going to help." he tells him.

The next morning Silas wakes up to Morgana throwing a blanket at him "Hey!" he whines. Morgana sits next to him "What are you doing here? You know Uther is going to be mad when we get back!" she whisper shouts. "I'd rather be here helping a friend then back in Camelot with Father alone." Silas responds quietly. Arthur walks over "I already tried to make him stay but he has a point. If he was back in Camelot he'd be alone, neither of us there with him." he tells Morgana quietly. Morgana bites her lip "Alright, but we need a plan for when we get back." she tells them. "We'll think of one." Arthur assures her. Just then Merlin walks over holding three small rolls of bread "Here, it's all we've got til we reach Ealdor." he tells them. "Thank you Merlin." Silas thanks taking one. "Come on, we better head off." Arthur says putting his pack on his horse. Everyone does the same, Silas goes over to Hunith "Here let me help you." he smiles, seeing her struggle. "Thank you my Lord." Hunith responds as he gives her a boost up. "It's no problem and please, call me Silas." the teen smiles heading over to his own horse and mounting it. Merlin goes up front with Arthur as he leads everyone towards his village, Silas stays beside Morgana smiling as the talk.

As they arrive in the village they find Kanen there with his bandits, Arthur grabs his sword and throws it into the post behind Kanen. Silas dismounts and grabs his sword before starting to fight the bandits "Kill them!" Kanen tells his men. Glaring Silas runs over and helps a dark haired girl the same age as him, slashing the back of the bandit's leg and making him fall. He goes over to the girl and helps her up "Are you alright?" he asks her. "Yes, thank you." she smiles. "Stay here til they leave." Silas tells her making her nod as he runs over and helps Arthur with a group of bandits. Kanen mounts his horse "You'll pay for this with your lives! All of you!" he shouts before he and his bandits retreat. Silas and Arthur go over to Merlin who is talking to a dark haired man the same age as him "Merlin! Gather the villagers, I need to talk to them." Arthur tells him. "Yeah, in a minute. I'm just talking..." Merlin starts. "Now, Merlin. There isn't much time." Arthur cuts him off. "Yes, Sire." Merlin nods.