A person must be cautious at all times!

Before she could walk away, Zaahira was quick to pull her back to the couch and held onto her upper arm tightly while Darya looked ready to yell for help.

"Kya kiya hai tum logo ne?"

The three ignored the whine in her tone and led her to the guest room towards the far end in the residence.

"Meri mehendi hai! Plan on locking me or something?"

"Kitna bolti ho aap, appi. Hush now."

"Wahi na, I want my new rolex."

"I want another sabyasachi lehenga."

"Mera toh ek naye phone se kaam chal jayega."

"Main ambani ka bank account sambhalne wali lagti hu?"

Darya retorted to the three of their demands. The namune shamelessly shrugged their shoulders and gave her a light push into the room.

"Aap ko kuch karna bhi nahi hai. Just talk and look pretty. Baki sab jiju sambhal lenge."

Saying that, Zaahira shut the door with a thud, locking her inside. Darya took a few seconds to process her cousin's words and when she did, her wide eyes darted across the room in nervousness.

"Assalamu alaikum."

The rich voice was filled with satisfaction as it resounded right next to Darya's ears. Turning around in the most anxious of ways, Darya dared to look up into the eyes that seemed to be filled with disbelief and awe.

A shy smile graced her lips as she took a few steps back upon realizing how close they were standing to each other and gave him a meek reply back. Zamurad raised an eyebrow in amusement at her silent and shy state but not an ounce of complaint entered his heart.

"You bribed them?"

Darya tried to control her laugh as she asked the question after a minute of silence as the two registered each other's presence around them. At her question, it was Zamurd's turn to become all nervous as he chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck before shrugging his shoulders as if it were an obvious question.

"Kyu nahi? Aaj kal kuch bhi free nahi hota."

His lame excuse made Darya bite the insides of her cheek to stop the amusement filled laughter. She cleared her throat and tilted her head a little to the side. Her eyes narrowed upon realising something important.

"Zamurad, you shouldn't be here. Mama ne mana kiya hai na."

"Toh? Mujhe laga you'll be happy to see your to-be husband waiting for you in a guest room like those cliche movies."

His words held a tinge of confusion and Darya sighed at how adorable he looked trying to justify his actions.

Seems like the prim proper army man wasn't all that rule abiding!

Zamurad stood in front of her with a small frown which was quick to dissipate in thin air upon seeing how ethereal she looked in the emerald coloured floor length frock. It was simple yet so enticing! Made of velvet, it looked like that of which a royalty would wear. The full sleeves were covered with golden ministrations that added a finishing touch to the whole dress. A dupatta made of net with thick golden embroidery added to her breath stopping look.

 A dupatta made of net with thick golden embroidery added to her breath stopping look

Mehr-o-Mah | مہر و ماہ ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara