None of the students said anything, they all shared small glances, none of them liked the man. The slytherins were shocked when they had figured out that the Hufflepuff didn't like Dumbledore, and they were even more shocked when she continued to refuse on telling them why she hated the man. 

"Can I have one of these cakes, Hagrid?" Jasper asked, his stomach rumbling

"Help yerself," said Hagrid, wiping his eyes on the back of his hand. "Ar, he's righ', o' course — yeh're all righ' . . . I bin stupid . . .my ol' dad woulda bin ashamed o' the way I've bin behavin'. . . ."

More tears leaked out, but he wiped them away more forcefully, and said, "Never shown you a picture of my old dad, have I? Here . . ." Hagrid got up, went over to his dresser, opened a drawer, and pulled out a picture of a short wizard with Hagrid's crinkled black eyes, beaming as he sat on top of Hagrid's shoulder. 

Hagrid was agood seven or eight feet tall, judging by the apple tree beside him, but his face was beardless, young, round, and smooth — he looked hardly older than eleven. "Tha' was taken jus' after I got inter Hogwarts," Hagrid croaked.

"I remember that!" Kirra said with a grin as she looked down at the photo, Hagrid had been younger than Tom and her when they were in school, and her being the happy, kind Hufflepuff that she was, she often helped the younger children find their way around the school and make sure that they weren't struggling too much with anything

The Slytherins all shared a look, even though they knew about the whole continuous lives thing, none of them could wrap their heads around the fact that she had died and been brought back multiple times. 

Hell Mattheo was literally dating his fathers true love who was now the same age as him instead of the same age as his father (if he were alive ;) ) and she had went to school with Theodores and Mattheo's fathers.

"Yer were always so friendly," Hagrid said with a wide smile as he looked up at the girl whos was wrapped in the arms of the tall Slytherin boy who didn't really look like he wanted to be there. Mattheo and Theodore weren't on good terms with the giant and didn't particularly want anything to do with him, they were just there for Kirra

"Dad was dead chuffed . . . thought I migh' not be a wizard, see, 'cos me mum . . . well, anyway. 'Course, I never was great shakes at magic, really . . . but at least he never saw me expelled. Died, see, in me second year. . . . Dumbledore was the one who stuck up for me after Dad went. Got me the gamekeeper job . . . trusts people, he does. Gives 'em second chances . . . tha's what sets him apar' from other heads, see. He'll accept anyone at Hogwarts, s'long as they've got the talent."

Kirra had to refrain from rolling her eyes at the man's words, "yeah right, he doesn't care about anyone unless they are in Gryffindor," she whispered under her breath so that Hagrid wouldn't hear her. The Slytherins on the other hand did hear her and couldn't help but completely agree with the girl. It wasn't a secret, anyone could see it... well anyone who wasn't in Gryffindor.

"Knows people can turn out okay even if their families weren' . . .well . . . all tha' respectable." he looked up at the boys for a short second before looking back over at the Hufflepuff,  "But some don' understand that. There's some who'd always hold it against yeh . . . there's some who'd even pretend they just had big bones rather than stand up an' say — I am what I am, an' I'm not ashamed. 'Never be ashamed,' my ol' dad used ter say."

The Slytherins didn't want to be here anymore, this wasn't a conversation that they wanted to listen to and Kirra could sense that, she felt bad for them. She hated that they were judged just because they were in Slytherin, and just because of who their parents are.

"'there's some who'll hold it against you, but they're not worth botherin' with.' An' he was right. I've bin an idiot. I'm not botherin' with her no more, I promise yeh that. Big bones . . . I'll give her big bones."