SANO MANJIRO X READER

Start from the beginning

"He didn't do any of those," You cut his words immediately. Your voice gets a bit louder so you fake a cough and continue in a more polite manner, "He takes care of me, Sir. He's kind and he isn't that much of a monster people perceived him to be. I know...I know it because I get to spend a lot of time with him. He's not cruel—"

"He committed murder, arson, assault, robbery, psychological abuse, death threat, dealing of illegal drugs, possession of illegal fire arms, killing, gambling, prostitution, and brutal tortures. He is cruel, (Y/N)."

You open your mouth to defend Manjiro but you know that the records never lie. So instead of saying anything, you remained silent.

"Let's finish our food. We still have a lot of work to do." Detective Lunge stated as he continued eating.

It was around 12 noon when you arrived at the scene. Since it is dark earlier when the explosion occurs, you just get a clearer view of Manjiro's house right now and it certainly turned into ashes. Everything is burned and turned into crisps. There are also policemen in their designated position. They are hiding and doing secret surveillance on the place. Everyone is waiting for Manjiro's arrival to immediately arrest him.

Right now, you are serving as their bait.

You are standing alone in front of the house while staring at the miserable scenario. You seem alone since everyone else are hiding and while staring at the ashes, your mind is praying for a single thing.

You are praying that Manjiro won't come here.

You know it's a selfish prayer. You should be doing the opposite but if he were to come here... if he were to show himself, he'll certainly get arrested. He'll certainly fall down hard. He'll certainly get hurt and you don't want any of it to happen. You value Sano Manjiro so much that you don't want him to be in that scenario, cornered and helpless.

Sighing deeply, you clench your fist against the hem of your shirt.

Please, don't come here, Manjiro. Hide somewhere far from this place, far from this country. Save yourself because as of the moment, everyone within the country wants you behind the bars. So you better not show yourself here—

"I'm glad you're safe." A deep voice started from behind and your heart skipped a beat.

No, no, no, no, please, get out of here, Manjiro.

Your hands start trembling and intense nervousness crawls within your senses. You don't want them to arrest him. You don't want them to hurt him. You slowly turn around and see a calm demeanor of the one you love. He is standing there in his glory. His soft hair is falling freely on his shoulders without any ties on it. He's wearing a black leather coat and he's staring at you with eyes that you can't quite explain.

Please run away and get out of here.