SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LXV

{Last nine freaking chapters, hoomans.}

YEAR 2008

It's been a long dream, and a long memory— it's still unfinished though, and a lot of your questions are still unanswered. You want to think about it more but you can't. When your eyes gazes at the calendar near your bed, you see the current date.

It is the date of the final battle.

With a small sigh after waking up and finding out your past memories with Manjiro filled with agony and misery, you are wondering how you ended up here in this timeline trying to save the man who breaks you. The funny thing in addition is the fact that even in this timeline, you love him and you're freely giving him the opportunity to break you again. Some things never really change, huh.

"Damn it, Manjiro." You whispered to yourself, "If you are in this timeline, if the you that I know is here with me in this fucking timeline, then are you still playing your games?"

Of course you received no response, You massaged your forehead and sigh. The Manjiro in this timeline knows nothing about what his future self will do, and you love him genuinely. You love his every persona in whatever timeline genuinely. Damn, it's hard being a simp.

You push all those thoughts away temporarily as you did your usual morning routine. When you go outside, you see the gang sitting in your living room while drinking coffee and eating the doughnuts from your fridge, which you bought last night but forgot to eat since you're too tired.

"Good morning, (Y/N)." Baji started with a smile while munching the doughnut, "How's your sleep?"

"How many pieces have you eaten?" You asked in pain, ignoring his question.

"Oh. No worries. We just got into the fourth box, there's still two pieces of doughnuts left haha."

Wow, they eat almost everything. You blink in betrayal as you look at the men inside your living room. Baji, Hiro-san, Izana, Mitsuya, and Chifuyu. All of them are munching the doughnuts. You just massage your head even more and give them a supportive look, as you turn towards your kitchen to make your own coffee. You don't mind them eating like that though. They deserve the doughnuts so they can have it.

Those kids will have it rough later.

Before the battle starts, you need to talk to a certain someone. Your eyes gazed at the entirety of the prison place where he is being imprisoned. You walked inside and signed a visitor's visit before walking towards the waiting area where you can see him. From a glass barrier, you see a man in a prison uniform being held until he's finally sitting across you. His eyes are confused and lifeless, like he's given up with everything he has held.

You give him a gentle look, "How are you, Kazutora?"