𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

Start from the beginning

Anabia turned to Mehraan and said. "It's tiny !" He nodded, he is always emotional whenever they come for a check up. Just a month ago, the baby was even more small then this.

"Are you ready to hear the heartbeat ?" Dr. Mia asked, and the couple immediately nodded. The room was filled with a beautiful sound of thud thud which made them aww.

It was so beautiful !

"I can't believe it's our baby's heartbeat !" Mehraan whispered, his eyes were locked on the screen. Dr. Mia had gone to get the ultrasounds and to give the couple some privacy. Anabia smiled with a tear escaping her eyes. "Me too."

She sat up and dressed herself while they waited for Dr. Mia to come back. When she came and give them the ultrasound, Mehraan kept one in his wallet and gave the rest to Anabia. It was his new habit.

~ ~ ~

Three more months passed like a blur, Anabia was now five months pregnant with a baby bump that was now showing. She has pulled off more wait and her cravings had started to get weird. Right now, she was craving for pickles which she used to hate before. She has been eating a lot of them lately and Mehraan wasn't buying anymore. He was worried about her health.

"No means no. We won't get any pickles, Anabia." He strictly denied for the tenth time this evening.

Anabia pouted and made those cute big puppy eyes while grabbing her baby bump. "See, daddy doesn't want to get you pickles." She kept silent as if waiting for the baby to respond but it only kicked. "Yeah right, he is a cruel father I know. We won't talk to daddy until he gets us pickles." Mehraan watched her amusingly as she turned on the other side with huffed cheeks.

Since her pregnancy, Mehraan had started to find her ten times more cuter than she already was. Her chubby looked so cute that he pulled them every chance he gets.

"Fine, I'll get your pickles." He rolled his eyes as Anabia's face lighten up and she sat straigh, giving him a big bear hug. She then hurried him and he went to the nearby shop to buy her pickles along with some of her favorite which she might crave for in the future. We never know.

As he was entering the building after shopping, he got a call from Azlan. He picked and said salam. "Wa'alaykum assalam, bhai. Kese hai app ?" Mehraan loved whenever his younger brother would often call him, whenever he gets the time, to check up on him and Anabia. At least someone cared about them.

"Al Hamdouli'Allah, aur tum, ammi abbu kese hai ?" Whatever happened should not have happened but Shabana and Furqaan were still his parents and it was his farz to ask about their health and well-being.

"Abbu is fine but ammi...she has become very quiet since you left. She doesn't eat properly nor does she talks. I have heard and seen her crying a lot, but maybe her ego and hate for bhabi is bigger than the love she holds for you." Mehraan sighed on the other side of the call. His brother was right. Shabana knew she was at fault but couldn't admit and her one mistake is now causing her her son.

"I miss her, Azi, a lot. But she seems to be blinded by her useless hate." Azlan could detect the i in his elder brother's voice so he decided to change the topic, for which he actually called Mehraan

"Leave this, you know what !" His tone changed into an exciting one.

"No, spill the bean." Mehraan hurried, he was a very curious person.

"Kainat and I are getting married next week and of course, you, my big bro and my bhabi are invited !" Azlan excitedly beamed. Kainat was Azlan's love of his life. She was an employee of his and they had their own love story just like Mehraan and Anabia with their ups and downs.