I know Imani was going to jump on Bey or something and I didn't want her to get mad at the both of us. I'm still on thin ice.

I went into the bathroom to start brushing my teeth. I could hear Imani being bad but I ignored it. Any other time they leave me out so they can leave me out now. I want no parts.

I was rinsing my mouth when Bey came into the bathroom rubbing her forehead.

"What did she do?" She looked like Imani just two-pieced her.

"She jumped on me. I swear she almost killed me."

"I'm sorry, I let her."

"You're wrong for that but I have to pee." She was squirming in front of the toilet now.

"So?"

"I'm not using the bathroom in front of you, I get shy."

"Okay." I put the toothbrush away and left the bathroom. I really was trying to work on being nicer to her, I don't want her to break up with me a day into our relationship.

Imani was laying in the bed watching tv, Bey probably turned it on for her. I got into bed on her left and started watching too.

It was a cartoon about a talking dog. For some reason, I was actually getting interested in the show. It was so dumb but it had all my attention.

Bey came out of the bathroom sagged she was done and got in bed on the other side of Imani.

"BeyBey my mommy said you need to take us to get waffles with chocolate chips, whipped cream, and sprinkles." What happened to just whipped cream?

"I did not. We need to go to a grocery store, you have no food here." There's more dog food here than there is human food.

"We're only going to be here for a couple more days but I guess we can go to Whole Foods."

"Whole Foods? We need to go to Target or that other grocery store they have on every corner." I don't know what it's called but I see it everywhere in Houston.

"What's wrong with Whole Foods?"

"It's nasty." Imani said, I was going to say the same thing but less blunt.

"Bey I'm sure they have perfectly fine vegetables at Target. We're only here for a few days."

"Okay- actually speaking of that, I need to go to Dallas tomorrow. I kind of planned this trip around it before I invited you so I'm sorry."

"We can't just come with you?"

"Imani do you want to sit in a car for three hours and then sit down for a couple hours and sit in a car for another three hours."

"Mmm can I stay with Titan?"

That just gave me an idea. "How about we ask Kelly if she can watch Imani and you and I go? We can get a hotel room and stay the night."

As much as I love my daughter, she's a cock block.

"A hotel?" We made eye contact and I winked.

"Yeah, why not?" I think it's about time. I'm so scared though, it's been years for me and Bey is big.

I don't know how having sex with Bey is going to be like. She just seems too soft and nice to really do anything.

I don't want her to hurt me with that monster either. It looks like it could kill me.

"Imani why don't you go pick out an outfit so we can go to Target?"

She rolled her eyes and got out of bed. I don't even know why she has an attitude now.