Chapter Ten: Sacred Book [4]

Start from the beginning

He was a lazy fellow, but he do crave for an adventure and thrill in his life. Sadly, he find his surrounding boring, colorless, dull, unexciting. If he wasn't taken over by laziness perhaps he's already set on a journey for an adventure, or may have been looking for one in the least.

"Hmm... I guess you are right," Luna agreed as she stood up abruptly and stretch, she then turn to Dizian smiling. "Well then, time to go back."

"What? Wait-!"

Suddenly, a great force started to pull him back. He saw himself getting further and further away from Luna and the book. Except, Luna was starting to vanish, her body deliberately fading into tiny particles of light as they were being sucked up by the book beside. 

Before Luna could even vanish completely, Dizian screamed;

"Will... Will I see you once again?!"

He yelled. Luna's eyes widen, but then smiled again, putting her hands on her mouth walling it as she scream in response.

"Of course! Just find this book and I will surely be there with it!"

A smile then slip across dizian's slip as he faintly laughed and let the great force pull him back as a bright white light devoured him.

***

As of the moment, Shiki was holding Agapius as he looked at the beast with a glare.

It was as if his face darken, wind began to surround the two.

'How scary, I wonder what will Dizian do after finding out that this man cares about him? That'll surely be a wonderful view.'

Instead of being frightened, he was instead enjoying this. He was startled at first when Shiki suddenly grabbed him after the mirror consume Luna in.

"You... to think you'll do something this foolish." Shiki cried out.

Foolish? Well, maybe but that's the only way for her to acquire the sacred book. More importantly, she was one of the answer for the riddle.

'Shall I try to talk to him?' Agapius thought, staring immensely at Shiki.

All of a sudden, Shiki then let him go as he heaved a sigh, furrowing as he pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Never mind, why am I even speaking to you?" He uttered, glaring at agapius who looked at him innocently.

'Why am I even trying to communicate with this prideful beast.'

Shiki thought that it's better to not add fuel to the fire, instead he should just wait for Luna to come back. Well, he wouldn't really care whether that girl would come back alive or not, but, he knew she needed to be back alive and well.

Sitting beside near the door, he was starting to doze off. He should've just skipped his class this morning and went to sleep, last night he was too busy preparing for things that he didn't get a wink of sleep. Shiki can actually pull a continuous all nighter, unless he's really tired and his complexion was not in the best shape. In addition, the elixir he drank earlier only made him more sleepy and feeling all the fatigue.

As he was starting to feel his eyes being heavy a bright light suddenly shine right across the mirror . It was so bright that it's blinding. Once the light subside, there he saw Luna unconscious on the floor.

Shiki hurried to her side and checked her pulse on the neck. He sighed in relief to know she's still alive, there was no bruise or wound, she was just unconscious.

"Hey, your master- what the..?" Shiki glnace back calling Agapius but he was nowhere to be seen. Clicking his tongue he decided to carry luna up to his back, hopefully the side effect of the elixir won't be a burden.