Despite his usual constant good mood and happiness, during these past two weeks he kept slipping into an unrecognisable person. Even his father, the once prankster George Weasley, was very worried about him. 

James Sirius Potter just sat, staring out the window, ignoring them all. He couldn't imagine being in Hogwarts without being harassed by his younger brother. 

The one who had beat him for Seeker on the house team, the one who looked just like their father, the one who everybody recognised straight away as the ‘Chosen One’s Son’, leaving James for second every time.

It's all my fault that he's missing his O.W.L. year, thought James miserably, slipping deeper into his depression. 

"We're here!" announced Molly, gaining James' attention. She jumped up and grabbed James' hand, dragging him out of the compartment behind her. They walked down to the Thestral-drawn carriages in silence- they all knew that they were Thestral-drawn despite the fact that none of them could see Thestrals. 

They climbed into a carriage with James still sulking. Molly had thought that Hogwarts would cheer him up- he loved Hogwarts. But it only made it worse. He hadn’t spoken to anyone but his dad in the past two weeks and Molly was really worried about him. He may be her cousin but he was also one of her best friends. She glanced wearily at him throughout the conversation she was carrying with Fred about Quidditch. 

Just before the carriage was to leave Laragh, Alice and David jumped on. "Merlin! There you are! We've been so worried about you!" exclaimed Laragh, sitting next to Molly. 

Laragh Finnagin was a pretty dirty blonde of average height who always spoke her mind. She wasn't as outspoken as Molly though, although there weren’t many who were. Molly said whatever was on her mind whenever it came to mind, without even stopping to think how it may affect those around her. Both of 

Laragh’s parents were Irish so she speaks with an strong Irish accent which Fred never fails to find absolutely hilarious, though secretly people suspected he found it cute.

"Yeah, we're really sorry mate- we heard what happened to Albus-" started David but he was cut off by the icy glare that was shot at him by James- his first interaction since the accident happened. 

David Thomas was a tall boy with curly black hair and dark brown skin. His father was the great auror Dean Thomas and a close family friend, as he worked with James’ dad- the famous Head of the Auror Office, Harry Potter.

Alice sat down next to Fred and rested her head on his shoulder. Alice Longbottom was the child of the Herbology professor at Hogwarts, Professor Neville Longbottom. She was a short girl with small brown curls and a personality so sweet it could give you toothache.

The trip up to the school was trapped in an awkward silence after the glare that James had given David had killed any chance of conversation, and the silence carried them all the way up to the Great Hall. Whispers resounded around the hall when everybody saw the Potters and the Weasleys.

Rosie, James' little cousin, squeezed his shoulder when he walked past her, him heading towards the Gryffindor table as she headed for the Ravenclaw table to sit beside Scorpius Malfoy.

There was a pang in his heart when he saw his brothers friends looking lost at the doors of the great hall. He didn't realise up until now, but Albus was a big part of life at Hogwarts. 

He sat down and ignored everybody else, including his little sister Lily. It was only when Molly shrieked loud enough for the whole hall to hear that he turned around to look at her- as did everybody else in the hall, only seconds before the sorting was due to begin.